Canadian 69 ghia at Vintage Werks

Old September 25th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

Default Canadian 69 ghia at Vintage Werks

> wrote in message
>

> http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121vjpsHL
>
> from there you can see proper way to repair the rocker of a ghia.

you didn't cut enough out, nor did you grind all the thick filler out of the
quarter.... you've still got alot to do... you also didn't strip off the
black primer that they ship parts in that wouldn't protect the metal if it
had to... you've cut corners, and haven't even gone far enough with the
removal... not sure how that equates to "proper", but everyone seems to have
a different idea of what is acceptable to them... your repair isn't up to
par in that series of pictures...

> http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121roLFHe
>
> the proper way to remove large dents to minimize filler use.

welcome to 1980, studguns are everywhere... I'm not a bodyman but have one
that I got 15 years ago.... you do realize most of the parts you are using
that studgun on are accessible from the rear of the panel? hammer and dolly
is what being a bodyman is all about....

would I really need to come *to* your shop to see that you are treating your
restorations like a production collision shop? the pictures really say alot.

Old September 25th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> > wrote in message
>>

>> http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121vjpsHL
>>
>> from there you can see proper way to repair the rocker of a ghia.

we are still waiting on the after pictures of the repair of the previously
mediocre repair on the inner wheelwell and spare tire well of the 65...
hurry up...

Old September 25th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Sep 24, 5:16 pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> > > wrote in message

> >>http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121vjpsHL

> >> from there you can see proper way to repair the rocker of a ghia.

> we are still waiting on the after pictures of the repair of the previously
> mediocre repair on the inner wheelwell and spare tire well of the 65...
> hurry up...

Never gonna happen, my prediction. Lol.

Old September 25th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message

> Never gonna happen, my prediction. Lol.

No, he didn't redo the existing work or he'd have posted pictures without
being asked... he doesn't have to admit he just skimmed over the
outside(maybe beat out the panel a bit), but maybe think twice next time
before complaining about someone else's work if it's gonna be good enough to
serve as a base to your own...

Old September 25th 08, 11:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Sep 24, 8:04�pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> >http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121vjpsHL

> > from there you can see proper way to repair the rocker of a ghia.

> you didn't cut enough out, nor did you grind all the thick filler out of the
> quarter.... you've still got alot to do... you also didn't strip off the
> black primer that they ship parts in that wouldn't protect the metal if it
> had to... you've cut corners, and haven't even gone far enough with the
> removal... not sure how that equates to "proper", but everyone seems to have
> a different idea of what is acceptable to them... your repair isn't up to
> par in that series of pictures...
>

> >http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121roLFHe

> > the proper way to remove large dents to minimize filler use.

> welcome to 1980, studguns are everywhere... I'm not a bodyman but have one
> that I got 15 years ago.... you do realize most of the parts you are using
> that studgun on are accessible from the rear of the panel? �hammer and dolly
> is what being a bodyman is all about....
>
> would I really need to come *to* your shop to see that you are treating your
> restorations like a production collision shop? the pictures really say alot.

this comming from a guy that cant even finish a "rust free" ghia or
was that the VW that you burnt up?
Old September 25th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Sep 25, 3:53 am, " > wrote:
> On Sep 24, 8:04 pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
>

> > > wrote in message

> > >http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121vjpsHL

> > > from there you can see proper way to repair the rocker of a ghia.

> > you didn't cut enough out, nor did you grind all the thick filler out of the
> > quarter.... you've still got alot to do... you also didn't strip off the
> > black primer that they ship parts in that wouldn't protect the metal if it
> > had to... you've cut corners, and haven't even gone far enough with the
> > removal... not sure how that equates to "proper", but everyone seems to have
> > a different idea of what is acceptable to them... your repair isn't up to
> > par in that series of pictures...

> > >http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121roLFHe

> > > the proper way to remove large dents to minimize filler use.

> > welcome to 1980, studguns are everywhere... I'm not a bodyman but have one
> > that I got 15 years ago.... you do realize most of the parts you are using
> > that studgun on are accessible from the rear of the panel? hammer and dolly
> > is what being a bodyman is all about....

> > would I really need to come *to* your shop to see that you are treating your
> > restorations like a production collision shop? the pictures really say alot.

> this comming from a guy that cant even finish a "rust free" ghia or
> was that the VW that you burnt up?

Shut the **** up, you thieving pig ****er. How does it feel to live
in your ramshackle trailer ****house knowing that you're a conniving
con artist with zero integrity? Does the idea of burning in hell for
all eternity in the afterlife appeal to you? I'm guessing you think
you'll be able to pull one over on Satan, but I'm pretty sure he
doesn't take rolling bondo cakes as currency for bribes.
Old September 25th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Find a forum where people WANT to listen to you. STFU
Old September 25th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

heres the proper way to repair the forward quarter on the ghia

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121LNovIc
Old September 25th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Sep 25, 4:40*pm, " > wrote:
> heres the proper way to repair the forward quarter on the ghia
>
> http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121LNovIc

Without even looking at the pictures I can safely say you were dropped
on your head more then a few times as a baby.

Old September 26th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Sep 25, 2:40 pm, " > wrote:
> heres the proper way to repair the forward quarter on the ghia
>
> http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121LNovIc

That looks like ****, which reminds me, why don't you go park your
covered-in-meth-induced-sores ass on the toilet and squeeze out a
chocolate hot dog for your evening meal? Eat it, pig boy, eat it.
And quit molesting VWs that a decent (and honest) body man could
restore instead of purposefully ****ing over innocent people and
revealing continually what a sperm burping dick slurping **** snacking
ball sniffing vagina rejecting pube obsessed taint invading sack of
monkey spunk you are? I sure hope you're sterile, because if you ever
reproduce, it's one more nail in the coffin for future generations of
VW enthusiasts.