MileMarker Hub Conversion

Old January 17th 05, 03:48 PM
Mike Romain

Default MileMarker Hub Conversion

If it is made in China like the winches, I wouldn't use them. I have
troubles with stock Jeep hubs, I blow them up. I just compared a stock
one with a Warn one and wow, the Warn one is more than twice as heavy,
literally.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old January 17th 05, 04:23 PM
Ben

I didn't know they were made in China... What is so funny.. According to
their website, the US Army is converting from Warn electric winches to
MileMarker hydraulic winches...
www.milemarker.com/army.html

I thought that US Military contracts has to filled using materials made in
United States.. Hmmm...

Ben
95 YJ 2.5L

Old January 17th 05, 04:47 PM
Mike Romain

Nope, there is a big thread on that going on the last few days. The
military went with the cheapest they could get. Period.

Made in China all the way.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old January 17th 05, 05:12 PM
Ben

That sucks... I know I am not going by them then.. When I do the
conversion.. I will go with Warn then.. Thanks Mike..

Old January 17th 05, 05:17 PM
Mike Romain

I do not know where the milemarker hubs come from. Maybe they are
local?

Mike

Old January 17th 05, 08:28 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/axle/yjwarnaxle/
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 17th 05, 09:14 PM

Mike Romain wrote:
> Nope, there is a big thread on that going on the last few days. The
> military went with the cheapest they could get. Period.

you should get your facts straight before dispensing advice on them, or
at least not let your own preferences lead you to dispensing bad
advice. the mile marker ELECTRIC winches are rebadged china winches.
the mile marker HYDRAULIC winches, which you are addressing here, are
american made.

building the hydraulics cheaper than the competitors have nothing to do
with substandard components. they can build hydraulic winches cheaper
than warn because they have been building hydraulic winches from day
one and theyre tooled up and running (not to mention capable of meeting
production demands). warn is just now trying to get into the hydraulic
winch business and are failing at it worse than mile markers attempt to
enter the electric market.

Old January 17th 05, 09:17 PM

Ben wrote:
> I didn't know they were made in China

nobody here has yet determined they were made in china. mike is
guessing partially because he doesnt know, and partially because he
prefers warn.

> What is so funny.. According to
> their website, the US Army is converting from Warn electric winches

> MileMarker hydraulic winches...

nothing funny about that. the hydraulic winch is far superior to the
electric winch for military applications. the hydraulic winch is built
right here in america, and is the cornerstone of mile marker. the
electric winch is just a cheaper alternative for those who want to go
electric but cant afford to shell out $700+ for a winch.