CNG conversion

Old April 21st 05, 02:39 PM
Not Me

Default CNG conversion

Played with the numbers and I can save big $$ using CNG.

I have a 04 Caravan (3.8L) and need a source of hardware to convert to duel
fuel (gas/CNG and perhaps optioinal LP).

Any input would be appreciated.

Old April 21st 05, 09:57 PM
Martik

"Not Me" > wrote in message
> Played with the numbers and I can save big $$ using CNG.
>
> I have a 04 Caravan (3.8L) and need a source of hardware to convert to
> duel
> fuel (gas/CNG and perhaps optioinal LP).
>
> Any input would be appreciated.

I did this 20 years ago and figured I saved $7000 in fuel costs over 10
years. With the increase in natural gas prices I doubt you will save as
much. The conversion is expensive $3000+CAD so you must keep the car a long
time for payback. I only paid $700 to convert back in 1985 because of
government grants that were available. You may want to consider biodiesel.

Here are some price comparisons: Date unknown
http://www.saskenergy.com/business/NGVconverting.asp

3.8l T-5 conversion Richard Lusk Ford Mustang 1 February 12th 05 12:50 AM
12V conversion question N8N Technology 1 February 9th 05 01:01 AM
Dual downpipe conversion on A2 MrEddy VW water cooled 8 November 3rd 04 02:52 AM
Car conversion notes, addendum 2 David Dalton General 3 June 22nd 04 02:25 PM
Engine conversion kit for 1987 Toyota truck Loco 4 X 4 4x4 2 January 2nd 04 03:05 AM