Drunken reckless driving liberal wife of U.S. diplomat charged withcausing death of U.K. teen

Old December 21st 19, 12:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving, va.politics, uk.politics.misc, sac.politics,talk.politics.guns
MI5 come get her

Default Drunken reckless driving liberal wife of U.S. diplomat charged withcausing death of U.K. teen

Throw the bitch in jail and weld the door shut.

LONDON — A U.S. diplomat's wife accused of killing 19-year-old
motorcyclist Harry Dunn while driving on the wrong side of a
road in England has been charged with causing death by dangerous
driving, authorities said Friday.

Anne Sacoolas, 42, flew back to the United States three weeks
after the crash in August near RAF Croughton in
Northamptonshire. The State Department has said Sacoolas is
covered by diplomatic immunity and cannot be extradited.

The Crown Prosecution Service, which handles criminal cases in
the United Kingdom, confirmed the charge Friday and said it had
started an extradition process in order for her to return to the
country and appear in court.

“Following the death of Harry Dunn in Northamptonshire, the
Crown Prosecution Service has today authorized Northamptonshire
Police to charge Anne Sacoolas with causing death by dangerous
driving," Chief Crown Prosecutor Janine Smith said.

The U.K. Home Office is responsible for making extradition
requests and the decision may be ultimately up to Prime Minister
Boris Johnson, who has previously called for Sacoolas to return
to the U.K.

Britain's foreign minister Dominic Raab welcomed the charging
decision. "I hope that Anne Sacoolas will now realize the right
thing to do is to come back to the U.K. and cooperate with the
criminal justice process," he said in a statement.

However, Sacoolas' lawyer Amy Jeffress said in the statement
that her client "will not return voluntarily to the United
Kingdom to face a potential jail sentence for what was a
terrible but unintentional accident."

"A potential penalty of 14 years imprisonment is simply not a
proportionate response," she said. "We have been in contact with
the U.K. authorities about ways in which Anne could assist with
preventing accidents like this from happening in the future, as
well as her desire to honor Harry’s memory."

A U.S. Department of State spokesperson said the decision to
press charges was not a "helpful development."

After offering their "deepest sympathies" to the Dunn family for
their loss, they said: "We are disappointed by today’s
announcement and fear that it will not bring a resolution closer.

They added that the U.S. had been clear that Sacoolas had
diplomatic immunity at the time of the accident occurred and the
U.K.'s foreign minister had "stated the same in Parliament."

Dunn's family has been campaigning for her to face justice and
traveled to Washington, D.C., to make their case. They met
President Donald Trump in October and were given what they
called a "bombshell" offer to meet Sacoolas in the White House,
which they declined.

"We set out so long ago and we believed and we believed, and
we've done it, we've got the charge. It's amazing," Harry's
father, Tim Dunn, told Sky News.

Hire the Clintons to take the bitch out. They've taken people
out for less.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/w...lomat-charged-
causing-death-u-k-teen-n1105666