Coolant Leak

Old December 28th 05, 01:19 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Coolant Leak

I have a small coolant leak somewhere on the front area of the engine.
It seems to collect on the top of the front spring straight down from
the alternator. I have looked every where. I recently added a ported
polished throttle body and ran a coolant bypass. I noticed the leak
while trying to figure out why the car revs so high when I start it.
Any ideas? C5 2002

Old December 28th 05, 01:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On 27-Dec-2005, " > wrote:

> I have a small coolant leak somewhere on the front area of the engine.
> It seems to collect on the top of the front spring straight down from
> the alternator. I have looked every where. I recently added a ported
> polished throttle body and ran a coolant bypass. I noticed the leak
> while trying to figure out why the car revs so high when I start it.
> Any ideas? C5 2002

I have the same problem. The dealer claims there's no leak and it may be a
sensor causing the low coolant warnings but the warning light goes on every
couple of weeks. If I add a half to a full gallon of water, the warning goes
away for another couple of weeks. Should I try a leak stopper?

--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht. =^..^=
http://BrokerAgentTraining.com http://over100percent.com
Old December 28th 05, 03:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

have some one do a chem test to check for exhaust gases in the cooling
system. 1\2 gallon every two weeks is way to much. my guess is it is
going out of the tail pipes. Greg

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:58:13 GMT, "Steve Horrillo"

Old December 28th 05, 03:46 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

wrote:
my guess is it is
> going out of the tail pipes. Greg

Good point. You can often /smell/ this problem - it gaves the exhaust a
funny sweet smell.

-- V
Old December 28th 05, 06:08 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Re.
> have some one do a chem test to check for exhaust gases in the cooling
> system. 1\2 gallon every two weeks is way to much. my guess is it is
> going out of the tail pipes. Greg

Looks like your vette has a case of 'internal bleeding'
Put it up on a lift and trace it from the source.

Old December 28th 05, 06:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On 28-Dec-2005, wrote:

> have some one do a chem test to check for exhaust gases in the cooling
> system. 1\2 gallon every two weeks is way to much. my guess is it is
> going out of the tail pipes. Greg
>
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:58:13 GMT, "Steve Horrillo"
> > wrote:
>

> >On 27-Dec-2005, " > wrote:
> >
> >> I have a small coolant leak somewhere on the front area of the engine.
> >> It seems to collect on the top of the front spring straight down from
> >> the alternator. I have looked every where. I recently added a ported
> >> polished throttle body and ran a coolant bypass. I noticed the leak
> >> while trying to figure out why the car revs so high when I start it.
> >> Any ideas? C5 2002

> >I have the same problem. The dealer claims there's no leak and it may be
> >sensor causing the low coolant warnings but the warning light goes on
> >every
> >couple of weeks. If I add a half to a full gallon of water, the warning
> >goes
> >away for another couple of weeks. Should I try a leak stopper?

You may be right. When I add water with the engine running, even if its
cold, the coolant looks airated almost milky in appearance. Should it be
that way?

Old December 30th 05, 10:03 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Steve, no the coolant should not look milky, this can be from
different reasons, air bubbles, or oil, both are not good signs.
as far as you trading you car and if this is a problem, that depends
on you more than anything else. you know there is a problem with the
car, it is up to you to disclose it or not.
Greg
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:51:19 GMT, "Steve Horrillo"
> wrote:

>On 28-Dec-2005, wrote:
>
>> have some one do a chem test to check for exhaust gases in the cooling
>> system. 1\2 gallon every two weeks is way to much. my guess is it is
>> going out of the tail pipes. Greg
>>
>> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:58:13 GMT, "Steve Horrillo"
>> > wrote:

>> >I have the same problem. The dealer claims there's no leak and it may be
>> >sensor causing the low coolant warnings but the warning light goes on
>> >every
>> >couple of weeks. If I add a half to a full gallon of water, the warning
>> >goes
>> >away for another couple of weeks. Should I try a leak stopper?

>I'm getting ready to sell or trade it in. Is this a major problem?

Coolant Leak. On & Off Richard Ford Mustang 3 August 8th 05 03:57 PM
Jeep Cherokee Coolant Leak Ankors 4x4 4 January 23rd 05 06:06 PM
Jeep Cherokee Coolant Leak Ankors Chrysler 1 January 23rd 05 06:01 PM
Coolant leak help... Quattro Audi 3 June 7th 04 10:24 PM