OBD II connector??

Old November 12th 06, 07:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
neonhighlite

Default OBD II connector??

i have a 95' grande cherokee LTD 5.2 and im a mechanic but im coming here
to see if any one knows where the DCL (OBD connector) is?. i bought it
used it may have been "altered" im not sure but just write back...thanks
alot guys

Old November 12th 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

I believe the connection is made at the fuse block, if it like WJ
Grand Cherokees. You may check by: 1. Turn the ignition key ON THREE
TIMES in succession: ON : OFF : ON : OFF : ON (within FIVE seconds)
2. Count the number of times the check engine lamp on the dash flashes.
The number of flashes represents the error code. There will be a short
pause between the flashes representing the different digits of the code.
Longer pauses separate individual trouble codes.
3. Code 55 will be the last code to be displayed.
4. These codes will also be displayed on a digital odometer, where they
are much easier to read!
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/#51-55
http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old November 12th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Is this what you are looking for?

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...ZJDataLink.jpg

Old November 12th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

The 95 doesn't use OBD-II and has diag connectors scattered in a few
places for the diagnostic readout box. e.g. inside near the console for
abs, over near the radiator overflow bottle near the powertrain control
module for the main data link connector.

The FSM [strongly recommend picking one up] has the locations but refers
you to the powertrain diagnostic procedures manual for details on the
older scan tool.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Old November 12th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

Thanks, that is the main one for the PCM stuff, but there are other
identical connectors in a coupla other locations on the 95 ZJ called out
for their appropriate subsystems in the FSM

Gotta get a round tuit and get me another flatbed scanner for posting
pictures.

billy ray proclaimed:

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old November 14th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

The OBD II specification says the data port must be located along the bottom
edge of the dash board. It is generally in the area above your left leg
while youa re driving. Usually it is exposed and you do not have to hunt for
it, this is part of the specification -- the port has to be easy to
locate -- but some automakers -- Jeep isn't among them as far as I know --
that put the data port behind a cover but when they do this they are
required to clearly annotate the cover as containing the data port, and
nothing else can be behaind the cover with the data port.

One thing that you might find is that your '95 is OBD I, not OBD II. Some
'95 cars and trucks are OBD II, but the OBD II specification was not
required until '96 model production.

As an OBD I compliant vehicle, you can buy a Chrysler scan tool for about
$30.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old November 19th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

'95s are definitely obd 1 and have a couple connectors. For the engine
stuff it is pretty obvious near the engine controller. Another one
inside by the console up post for the gewgaws.

Jeff Strickland proclaimed: