Ford Racing Parts

Old April 2nd 07, 05:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

Default Ford Racing Parts

Hi all...

Looking through Ford Racing parts on-line, there is a upgrade "power
package" for 87-93 5.0s. See it here.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...5.0L%20Mustang

It lists rockers, pulleys, fuel pump, headers and an EGR spacer (plus a
tranny) and the catalogue reads:

"Ford Racing's GT-40 parts, dyno tested at 305 Bhp, gives you increased
horsepower over production 5.0L HO Mustang engines. Ford Racing recommends
these GT-40 parts be installed on 1989-93 model 5.0L Mustangs with mass-air
electronic fuel injection and T-5 transmission for best results."

Does this make sense to anyone? 305 horse from just these changes? (The
94-95 package has less parts and boasts 290hp). Seems like a waste to buy a
supercharger... this *must* be with the heads, no???

Thoughts guys?

Thanks.

Brad

Old April 2nd 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
trainfan1

It does not appear these parts have been tested on animals, so they are
of questionable quality & may pose a danger to domestic pets.

Rob

Old April 2nd 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Just those parts listed will not give 305 hp. It's not possible. To
get that kind of power you would have to replace the stock heads with
something better. Then you would probably see that hp level.

Old April 2nd 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Noman Lapetos

"BradandBrooks" > wrote in message
> Hi all...
>
> Looking through Ford Racing parts on-line, there is a upgrade "power
> package" for 87-93 5.0s. See it here.
> http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...5.0L%20Mustang
>
> It lists rockers, pulleys, fuel pump, headers and an EGR spacer (plus a
> tranny) and the catalogue reads:
>
> "Ford Racing's GT-40 parts, dyno tested at 305 Bhp, gives you increased
> horsepower over production 5.0L HO Mustang engines. Ford Racing recommends
> these GT-40 parts be installed on 1989-93 model 5.0L Mustangs with
> mass-air electronic fuel injection and T-5 transmission for best results."
>
> Does this make sense to anyone? 305 horse from just these changes? (The
> 94-95 package has less parts and boasts 290hp). Seems like a waste to buy
> a supercharger... this *must* be with the heads, no???
>
> Thoughts guys?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Brad

headers are good for about 20 - 40 or so

rockers, fuel pump egr spacer do nothing

pulleys just change power around, can cause car to run hotter or stall at
lights

I would add a blower first.

there are some good buildups that list the HP per step in some old 5.0 mags.

If you want to do 300 HP+ you need to change injectors

their "dyno test" is not telling you the whole configuration. Stock 93 is
at 220 HP

Old April 2nd 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
trainfan1

BradandBrooks wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> Looking through Ford Racing parts on-line, there is a upgrade "power
> package" for 87-93 5.0s. See it here.
> http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...5.0L%20Mustang
>
> It lists rockers, pulleys, fuel pump, headers and an EGR spacer (plus a
> tranny) and the catalogue reads:
>
> "Ford Racing's GT-40 parts, dyno tested at 305 Bhp, gives you increased
> horsepower over production 5.0L HO Mustang engines. Ford Racing recommends
> these GT-40 parts be installed on 1989-93 model 5.0L Mustangs with mass-air
> electronic fuel injection and T-5 transmission for best results."
>
> Does this make sense to anyone? 305 horse from just these changes? (The
> 94-95 package has less parts and boasts 290hp). Seems like a waste to buy a
> supercharger... this *must* be with the heads, no???
>
> Thoughts guys?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Brad

Well, I guess nobody is catching on.

The "parts" are tested to 305 Bhp, they don't produce 305 Bhp. They
will deliver reliably to 305 Bhp, where they were tested. the 305 Bhp
is attainable with a combination of the GT-40 parts, which have been
tested to 305 Bhp, that's all.

I like to walk in to the Bath & Body store & ask if their shampoo is
safe for my dog.

Rob
Old April 3rd 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Noman Lapetos" > wrote in message
reenews.net...

> "BradandBrooks" > wrote in message
>> Hi all...
>>
>> Looking through Ford Racing parts on-line, there is a upgrade "power
>> package" for 87-93 5.0s. See it here.
>> http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...5.0L%20Mustang
>>
>> It lists rockers, pulleys, fuel pump, headers and an EGR spacer (plus a
>> tranny) and the catalogue reads:
>>
>> "Ford Racing's GT-40 parts, dyno tested at 305 Bhp, gives you increased
>> horsepower over production 5.0L HO Mustang engines. Ford Racing
>> recommends these GT-40 parts be installed on 1989-93 model 5.0L Mustangs
>> with mass-air electronic fuel injection and T-5 transmission for best
>> results."
>>
>> Does this make sense to anyone? 305 horse from just these changes? (The
>> 94-95 package has less parts and boasts 290hp). Seems like a waste to
>> buy a supercharger... this *must* be with the heads, no???
>>
>> Thoughts guys?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Brad

> headers are good for about 20 - 40 or so
>
> rockers, fuel pump egr spacer do nothing
>
> pulleys just change power around, can cause car to run hotter or stall at
> lights
>
> I would add a blower first.
>
> there are some good buildups that list the HP per step in some old 5.0
> mags.
>
> If you want to do 300 HP+ you need to change injectors
>
> their "dyno test" is not telling you the whole configuration. Stock 93 is
> at 220 HP

'93 was downgraded to 205hp. That's why I bought it. I couldn't handle the
225 that the '88 model was putting out.

dwight

Old April 3rd 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Noman Lapetos

"dwight" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Noman Lapetos" > wrote in message
> reenews.net...
>>
>> "BradandBrooks" > wrote in message
>>> Hi all...
>>>
>>> Looking through Ford Racing parts on-line, there is a upgrade "power
>>> package" for 87-93 5.0s. See it here.
>>> http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...5.0L%20Mustang
>>>
>>> It lists rockers, pulleys, fuel pump, headers and an EGR spacer (plus a
>>> tranny) and the catalogue reads:
>>>
>>> "Ford Racing's GT-40 parts, dyno tested at 305 Bhp, gives you increased
>>> horsepower over production 5.0L HO Mustang engines. Ford Racing
>>> recommends these GT-40 parts be installed on 1989-93 model 5.0L Mustangs
>>> with mass-air electronic fuel injection and T-5 transmission for best
>>> results."
>>>
>>> Does this make sense to anyone? 305 horse from just these changes?
>>> (The 94-95 package has less parts and boasts 290hp). Seems like a waste
>>> to buy a supercharger... this *must* be with the heads, no???
>>>
>>> Thoughts guys?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Brad

>> headers are good for about 20 - 40 or so
>>
>> rockers, fuel pump egr spacer do nothing
>>
>> pulleys just change power around, can cause car to run hotter or stall at
>> lights
>>
>> I would add a blower first.
>>
>> there are some good buildups that list the HP per step in some old 5.0
>> mags.
>>
>> If you want to do 300 HP+ you need to change injectors
>>
>> their "dyno test" is not telling you the whole configuration. Stock 93
>> is at 220 HP

> '93 was downgraded to 205hp. That's why I bought it. I couldn't handle the
> 225 that the '88 model was putting out.
>
> dwight

I remember the 92's were rated at 240(?), but the 93's were rated at 220
Ford had some lame excuse to drop 20 because nothing had changed between
models.

I had a 87 which was speed density and it had more HP than closed loop 93'
Mass Air.
I drive a 93 with 8# boost dynoed at 320 HP, easy to drive once you know how
the tires brake loose from the road under various conditions.

need 24 or 32 size injectors to get to 300, it leans out too much with stock

Old April 3rd 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

"trainfan1" > wrote in message
et...
> BradandBrooks wrote:
>
>> Hi all...
>>
>> Looking through Ford Racing parts on-line, there is a upgrade "power
>> package" for 87-93 5.0s. See it here.
>> http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...5.0L%20Mustang
>>
>> It lists rockers, pulleys, fuel pump, headers and an EGR spacer (plus a
>> tranny) and the catalogue reads:
>>
>> "Ford Racing's GT-40 parts, dyno tested at 305 Bhp, gives you increased
>> horsepower over production 5.0L HO Mustang engines. Ford Racing
>> recommends these GT-40 parts be installed on 1989-93 model 5.0L Mustangs
>> with mass-air electronic fuel injection and T-5 transmission for best
>> results."
>>
>> Does this make sense to anyone? 305 horse from just these changes? (The
>> 94-95 package has less parts and boasts 290hp). Seems like a waste to
>> buy a supercharger... this *must* be with the heads, no???
>>
>> Thoughts guys?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Brad
>>

> Well, I guess nobody is catching on.
>
> The "parts" are tested to 305 Bhp, they don't produce 305 Bhp. They will
> deliver reliably to 305 Bhp, where they were tested. the 305 Bhp is
> attainable with a combination of the GT-40 parts, which have been tested
> to 305 Bhp, that's all.
>
> I like to walk in to the Bath & Body store & ask if their shampoo is safe
> for my dog.
>
> Rob

Ahhhhhh.... thanks Rob. Appreciate that. (And all the other crazy answers
too...) lol

Brad

Old April 3rd 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Noman Lapetos" > wrote in message
reenews.net...

> "dwight" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> "Noman Lapetos" > wrote in message
>> reenews.net...
>>>
>>> "BradandBrooks" > wrote in message

>>> headers are good for about 20 - 40 or so
>>>
>>> rockers, fuel pump egr spacer do nothing
>>>
>>> pulleys just change power around, can cause car to run hotter or stall
>>> at lights
>>>
>>> I would add a blower first.
>>>
>>> there are some good buildups that list the HP per step in some old 5.0
>>> mags.
>>>
>>> If you want to do 300 HP+ you need to change injectors
>>>
>>> their "dyno test" is not telling you the whole configuration. Stock 93
>>> is at 220 HP

>> '93 was downgraded to 205hp. That's why I bought it. I couldn't handle
>> the 225 that the '88 model was putting out.
>>
>> dwight

> I remember the 92's were rated at 240(?), but the 93's were rated at 220
> Ford had some lame excuse to drop 20 because nothing had changed between
> models.

The '93 Cobra may have hit 240hp, but the 93's were 205. Since the high
water mark in '88, there were incremental changes in the pollution control
equipment or some such nonsense, that finally forced Ford to pin the
advertised power at 205.

dwight

Old April 3rd 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_25_]

"dwight" > wrote in
:

> "Noman Lapetos" > wrote in message
> reenews.net...
>>
>> "dwight" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>> "Noman Lapetos" > wrote in message
>>> reenews.net...

&catdesc=

>>> '93 was downgraded to 205hp. That's why I bought it. I couldn't
>>> handle the 225 that the '88 model was putting out.
>>>
>>> dwight

>> I remember the 92's were rated at 240(?), but the 93's were rated at
>> 220 Ford had some lame excuse to drop 20 because nothing had changed
>> between models.

> The '93 Cobra may have hit 240hp, but the 93's were 205. Since the
> high water mark in '88, there were incremental changes in the
> pollution control equipment or some such nonsense, that finally forced
> Ford to pin the advertised power at 205.
>
> dwight

I can vouch for dwight's accuracy as I own one as well. I have no clue
where the "220hp" came from, as it was 205 advertised. Real world was a
different story.