Ford Needs A Street Version Of This Racing Mustang!

Old June 30th 05, 03:04 AM

Default Ford Needs A Street Version Of This Racing Mustang!

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins...D01-231667.htm

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old June 30th 05, 03:25 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

I'll pass. I'll take the twin screw blown 5.4L DOHC any day over the
5.0L Cammer. Plus for $125k I can get two GT500's with change to spare.

Old June 30th 05, 03:43 AM

Michael Johnson, PE wrote:
> I'll pass. I'll take the twin screw blown 5.4L DOHC any day over the
> 5.0L Cammer. Plus for $125k I can get two GT500's with change to spare.

This one is a full prepped race car. I'm talking about a regular
street car to slide in under the Cobra in price. A low $30K,
naturally-aspirated, 400 hp/400 ft-tq, 5.0 powered, niche model. A
modern Boss 302 if you will.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old June 30th 05, 10:33 PM
Cory Dunkle

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins...D01-231667.htm
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra

Why not build one yourself? That's waht this hobby is all about... Getting a
car and making it just how you like it, be it restored to original
condition, a modern Fox or SN95 daily driver, an all-out race car, or
anything in between.

Old July 1st 05, 05:35 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

wrote:

>>>This one is a full prepped race car. I'm talking about a regular
>>>street car to slide in under the Cobra in price. A low $30K,
>>>naturally-aspirated, 400 hp/400 ft-tq, 5.0 powered, niche model. A
>>>modern Boss 302 if you will.

>>I think the Cammer engine will see the light of day in a future
>>Mustang.
>> Ford has the specialty Mustangs down to a fine art. They wait
>> until
>>the excitement fades a little then come out with a Boss 5.0L, or
>>some other variation, to get us all worked up into a lather again.
>>IMO, it's good strategy on their part. It kept us buying old Fox
>>body Mustangs for 25 years.

> Why not just pick one up right now and stuff it in the Mustang of
> your choice?
>
> http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=6787

At that price I'll have to stick it into a Yugo.
Old July 1st 05, 05:42 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

Cory Dunkle wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins...D01-231667.htm
>>
>>Patrick
>>'93 Cobra

> Why not build one yourself? That's waht this hobby is all about... Getting a
> car and making it just how you like it, be it restored to original
> condition, a modern Fox or SN95 daily driver, an all-out race car, or
> anything in between.

I've gone the route of building up a Mustang and I'll probably never do
it again. The '03-'04 Cobras made me see the light. A few tweaks and
you're at 500 rwhp with all the creature comforts of a new car and great
reliability.
Old July 1st 05, 08:41 PM
RichA

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 00:35:40 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"

wrote:

>>>I think the Cammer engine will see the light of day in a future
>>>Mustang.
>>> Ford has the specialty Mustangs down to a fine art. They wait
>>> until
>>>the excitement fades a little then come out with a Boss 5.0L, or
>>>some other variation, to get us all worked up into a lather again.
>>>IMO, it's good strategy on their part. It kept us buying old Fox
>>>body Mustangs for 25 years.

>> Why not just pick one up right now and stuff it in the Mustang of
>> your choice?
>>
>> http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=6787

>At that price I'll have to stick it into a Yugo.

I think a Chrysler crate Hemi (old style) with about 600hp is around
the same price.
-Rich