Over heating

Old June 1st 17, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dahawk

Default Over heating

I have a 2004 concord
192000 klm and I have replaced the thermostat, water pump , I'm totally lost
now and I can't keep spending money on this car .
Any suggestions please

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/...ing-72261-.htm

Old June 2nd 17, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
James Rau[_2_]

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 21:18:00 GMT, Dahawk
> wrote:

>I have a 2004 concord
>192000 klm and I have replaced the thermostat, water pump , I'm totally lost
>now and I can't keep spending money on this car .
>Any suggestions please

What antifreeze are you using and what's is color? Is is clear or
milky?

James Rau
Old June 2nd 17, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dahawk

replying to James Rau, Dahawk wrote:
Hi , hey put new antifreeze in with the thermostat, they did a wash out (
don't know much re cars ) and with thermostat new , they said something about
the top hose gets hot BUT the bottom hose is cold ,
When the car over heats I turn the heater on high and the needle goes to the
half way point

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/...ing-72261-.htm

Old June 2nd 17, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
James Rau[_2_]

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 00:18:01 GMT, Dahawk
> wrote:

>replying to James Rau, Dahawk wrote:
>Hi , hey put new antifreeze in with the thermostat, they did a wash out (
>don't know much re cars ) and with thermostat new , they said something about
>the top hose gets hot BUT the bottom hose is cold ,
>When the car over heats I turn the heater on high and the needle goes to the
>half way point

A few more questions for you:

1. Does the engine overheat while driving in traffic or when at idle
or both?

2. It still sounds like the cooling system is clogged. Are you sure
they (whoever they are) flushed it? The fact that the top hose is hot
BUT the bottom hose is cold tells me the radiator is clogged (it
almost sounds like you have half a radiator).

3. The cooling system has a leak somewhere. This is why I asked you if
the antifreeze was clear or milky. If it is an internal leak, or
(worse) a cracked block, the coolant may be contaminated with oil.

4. Check your oil level. Also, twist off the filler cap and check the
inside. Is the oil clear or milky? This too indicates an internal
coolant leak/cracked block.

5. What's the current temp where you live? Yes, hot whether will cause
overheating, even with modern cars.

6. What are your driving habits like? Do you "ride" the brake while
driving? If so, this places stress on the engine, which will cause
overheating.

Good luck.

James Rau
Old June 2nd 17, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dahawk

replying to James Rau, Dahawk wrote:
Hi James
The engine heats up faster if I'm driving but it has over heated when it's
idling after I have driving a bit .
What I don't understand is when it get to 3/4 or a little higher I turn the
heating system on high and all most immediate it goes and stays at 1/2 mark
The antifreeze is all too up , oil was done at same time as thermostat.
I thank you for trying to help me out as I just can't spending money but I do
luv the car

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/...ing-72261-.htm

Old June 3rd 17, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
James Rau[_2_]

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 17:18:02 GMT, Dahawk
> wrote:

>replying to James Rau, Dahawk wrote:
>Hi James
>The engine heats up faster if I'm driving but it has over heated when it's
>idling after I have driving a bit .
>What I don't understand is when it get to 3/4 or a little higher I turn the
>heating system on high and all most immediate it goes and stays at 1/2 mark
>The antifreeze is all too up , oil was done at same time as thermostat.
>I thank you for trying to help me out as I just can't spending money but I do
>luv the car

The heating system itself is a radiator/heat exchanger. The heater
coil shares the same circuit as the remainder of the cooling system.
When you turn on the heat, a valve directs hot coolant through the
coil, that's all. It works like any other air conditioning system.

James Rau

over heating 062167david VW water cooled 6 November 12th 08 04:28 AM
Heating Oil in TDI? D&LBusch VW water cooled 4 April 16th 08 01:41 AM
Over heating 4.0L dcollivier Jeep 10 May 5th 05 03:00 PM
heating jex VW air cooled 7 January 5th 05 10:09 PM
heating help! jex VW air cooled 2 January 4th 05 05:51 PM