New 20" wheels for my 2000 Grand Cherokee?

Old September 1st 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default New 20" wheels for my 2000 Grand Cherokee?

I'm torn, i want some new wheels for my GC and it seems that most of
the wheels I like (American Racing, etc) are 20". I'm worried that it
will look too ghetto - does anyone have wheels this large on your GC?
Do you have any pics that I can view? It is mainly street driven or
used for pulling my utility trailer or pulling bushes from my wooded
property and is not currently lifted.

Thanks!

Old September 1st 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Troy

They have off-road tires for 20" rims. These come to mind.
http://www.nittotire.com/tires_terragrappler.asp

I've seen a grand cherokee lifted for bigger rims, doesn't look to bad but
then again I'm from the city

Troy

oups.com...

Old September 1st 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
John[_6_]

You have something against ghetto looks? hehe.. lol

Old September 1st 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Troy

Oops, or even better: http://www.nittotire.com/tires_mudgrappler.asp

Troy

. ..

Old September 1st 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

I like the looks of these

http://www.kumhousa.com/Products/Ptn...on=Pt nDetail

. ..

Old September 1st 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_3_]

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm torn, i want some new wheels for my GC and it seems that most of
> the wheels I like (American Racing, etc) are 20". I'm worried that it
> will look too ghetto - does anyone have wheels this large on your GC?
> Do you have any pics that I can view? It is mainly street driven or
> used for pulling my utility trailer or pulling bushes from my wooded
> property and is not currently lifted.
>
> Thanks!

You asked for opinions, so I'll offer mine.

Remember, I'm old school. My generation dumped our hot rods on their noses
and put the widest tires we could stuff under the ass end.

Personally, I think the 22's would look *searching for a word*
stupid
goofy
pimpy
retarded
ghetto

BUT
That's only MY opinion.

The deal is, it's YOUR rig, you can do whatever you want to it and other
people's opinion shouldn't matter to you.
Seriously.
If you wanted to cover it in pink fur and put light up spinners on it with
neon interior and leopard skin seat covers, then you should go on ahead.
It's no one's business but your own.

Of course... Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey may come scouting if you
do....

One other thing to consider is the theft factor. Someone may decide they
want them badly enough to relieve you of your rig for them.

Kate
06 TJ

Old September 2nd 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks for all of your opinions, but I'm still lacking some pictures of
Cherokee with wheels/tires this size that isn't lifted. Unfortunately
most wheel shops won't just let me return them if they dont look so
good - so I'm hoping one of you has a rig with this size wheel that I
can see a picture of.

Thx

Old September 2nd 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
c[_1_]

eBay is your friend:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...QQcmdZViewItem

Chris

ups.com...

Old September 2nd 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_3_]

They don't look nearly as bad as they do on a Dodge pickup, but still look a
little weird.
Not as bad as I visualized either, but still....

Kate

Old September 2nd 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Is your judgment clouded by your time in Kalifornia?

.. .