More power to the police in high speed pursuit

Old May 11th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

Default More power to the police in high speed pursuit

In article >, Joe wrote:
> (Brent P) wrote in
> :
>
>> In article >, Joe wrote:

(Brent P) wrote in
>>> :
>>>
>>><huge snip>
>>>
>>> OK, Brent, I'll play along. Exactly what is your point in 50 words
>>> or less?

>> Initially? That defining reasonable, normal, and safe behavior illegal
>> has negative consquences. One of those negative consquences with
>> regard to under posted speed limits is dangerous police chases that
>> can result in death or injury.

> OK, even though I disagree with it, I get your point. But a glittering
> generality like that simply isn't true because it's a glittering
> generality. In short, it's a trolling statement. Bait on a hook.

Go look up trolling some time, just having a different view than you
isn't.

Old May 11th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Joe wrote:
> (Brent P) wrote in
> :
>
>> In article >, Joe wrote:

(Brent P) wrote in
>>> :

(Brent P) wrote in

> illegal
>>>
>>> OK, even though I disagree with it, I get your point. But a

> glittering
>>> generality like that simply isn't true because it's a glittering
>>> generality. In short, it's a trolling statement. Bait on a hook.

>> Go look up trolling some time, just having a different view than you
>> isn't.

> Let's nip this in the bud before it gets ridiculous.
>
> My differing view has nothing to do with your statement. Your statement
> is so general and outrageous that it's simply designed to elicit a knee-
> jerk reaction. Thus, a troll.

If that's the way you feel, kill file me then... but wait, the thread was
about police chases and cutting down the carnage from them..... I'm sorry
all you law-is-law (but only for other people (since you don't actually
obey it to the letter yourselves)) types got upset about it. It's a
fairly captian obvious statement.

Old May 11th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_61_]

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article >, Joe wrote:

(Brent P) wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> In article >, Joe wrote:

(Brent P) wrote in
> [...]
(Brent P) wrote in

>> illegal

>> glittering
>>>
>>> Go look up trolling some time, just having a different view than you
>>> isn't.

>> Let's nip this in the bud before it gets ridiculous.
>>
>> My differing view has nothing to do with your statement. Your
>> statement is so general and outrageous that it's simply designed to
>> elicit a knee- jerk reaction. Thus, a troll.

> If that's the way you feel, kill file me then...

I don't use a killfile. At any rate, you don't offend me in the least.
I'm simply saying that starting off with an absurd generality puts you
right in the troll camp.

> but wait, the thread
> was about police chases and cutting down the carnage from them.....
> I'm sorry all you law-is-law (but only for other people (since you
> don't actually obey it to the letter yourselves)) types got upset
> about it. It's a fairly captian obvious statement.

I didn't read the whole thread, which is why I asked you for your point
in 50 words or less.

Now don't go telling me I'm a "law-is-law" type, because you have no
idea what "type" I am. I'm not upset at all. Remember, my first post
to you about all this stuff was to call you a freakin' idiot. So far
you've done nothing to make me want to take that back.
Old May 11th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Joe wrote:

>> If that's the way you feel, kill file me then...

> I don't use a killfile. At any rate, you don't offend me in the least.
> I'm simply saying that starting off with an absurd generality puts you
> right in the troll camp.

If I am troll, why are you feeding me?

>> but wait, the thread
>> was about police chases and cutting down the carnage from them.....
>> I'm sorry all you law-is-law (but only for other people (since you
>> don't actually obey it to the letter yourselves)) types got upset
>> about it. It's a fairly captian obvious statement.

> I didn't read the whole thread, which is why I asked you for your point
> in 50 words or less.

You can't be bothered....

> Now don't go telling me I'm a "law-is-law" type, because you have no
> idea what "type" I am. I'm not upset at all. Remember, my first post
> to you about all this stuff was to call you a freakin' idiot. So far
> you've done nothing to make me want to take that back.

But you're not a troll.... *snort*

Old May 11th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_62_]

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article >, Joe wrote:
>
>>> If that's the way you feel, kill file me then...

>> I don't use a killfile. At any rate, you don't offend me in the
>> least. I'm simply saying that starting off with an absurd generality
>> puts you right in the troll camp.

> If I am troll, why are you feeding me?

I'm not feeding, I simply want to know why you came up with such a
glittering generality.

>>> but wait, the thread
>>> was about police chases and cutting down the carnage from them.....
>>> I'm sorry all you law-is-law (but only for other people (since you
>>> don't actually obey it to the letter yourselves)) types got upset
>>> about it. It's a fairly captian obvious statement.

>> I didn't read the whole thread, which is why I asked you for your
>> point in 50 words or less.

> You can't be bothered....

Exactly.

>> Now don't go telling me I'm a "law-is-law" type, because you have no
>> idea what "type" I am. I'm not upset at all. Remember, my first
>> post to you about all this stuff was to call you a freakin' idiot.
>> So far you've done nothing to make me want to take that back.

> But you're not a troll.... *snort*

Nope. Just real curious as to what's behind your less-than-50-word
statement above.
Old May 11th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Joe wrote:
> (Brent P) wrote in
> :

>>> I don't use a killfile. At any rate, you don't offend me in the
>>> least. I'm simply saying that starting off with an absurd generality
>>> puts you right in the troll camp.

>> If I am troll, why are you feeding me?

> I'm not feeding, I simply want to know why you came up with such a
> glittering generality.

It's simple mathematics.

Let's 1% of drivers pulled over flee.
Of 1,000 stops, 10 will flee.
Let's now stop the policy of defing moving at the normal speed of traffic
a a violation. Say that reduces the number of stops by 50%. Now there are
500 stops. 5 will flee.

Does that example with arbitary numbers help your understanding?

>> You can't be bothered....

> Exactly.

Makes it hard to understand that way.

>>> Now don't go telling me I'm a "law-is-law" type, because you have no
>>> idea what "type" I am. I'm not upset at all. Remember, my first
>>> post to you about all this stuff was to call you a freakin' idiot.
>>> So far you've done nothing to make me want to take that back.

>> But you're not a troll.... *snort*

> Nope. Just real curious as to what's behind your less-than-50-word
> statement above.

Simple mathematics and decades of study that shows no safety benefit to
underposted speed limits.

Old May 11th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_63_]

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article >, Joe wrote:

(Brent P) wrote in
>> :

>>> If I am troll, why are you feeding me?

>> I'm not feeding, I simply want to know why you came up with such a
>> glittering generality.

> It's simple mathematics.
>
> Let's 1% of drivers pulled over flee.
> Of 1,000 stops, 10 will flee.
> Let's now stop the policy of defing moving at the normal speed of
> traffic a a violation. Say that reduces the number of stops by 50%.
> Now there are 500 stops. 5 will flee.
>
> Does that example with arbitary numbers help your understanding?

Arbitrary numbers = hypothetical at best. At this point, you are
strictly talking theory. So your statement is still a glittering
generality with no basis in fact.

>>> You can't be bothered....

>> Exactly.

> Makes it hard to understand that way.

On the contrary. The KISS theory rules. No wiggle room that way.

>>> But you're not a troll.... *snort*

>> Nope. Just real curious as to what's behind your less-than-50-word
>> statement above.

> Simple mathematics and decades of study that shows no safety benefit
> to underposted speed limits.

That's quite a departure from your original statement.