Urgent: Car studder

Old December 7th 04, 02:42 AM

Does anybody have any ideas? Please advise. I know everybody is busy around
the holidays... but I could really use some help =(. Thanks.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

> wrote in message
. com...
> I cleaned out all of the igntion wires that go to the ignition modules..

and

Old December 7th 04, 04:11 AM

It did it before I swapped mufflers (which I welded on... so yeah, would be
a little tough. I could temporarily disconnect them at the H-pipe, but then
I'd hafta take off the hanger I welded on.. not fun.. so nevermind.

The ignition wires I replaced about 20k miles ago. I noticed that the inside
of the plug holes are a bit dirty.. as in dirt contamination. I see a thing
on eBay that has MSD Ignition wires, tach driver, and 2 coil packs all in 1
auction that I may snag. Replace it all & see what happens... but what can I
use to clean out the plug holes? Also, what can I use to clean out the spark
plug boots? Thanks.

-Mike

Old December 7th 04, 06:27 AM

I'm *probably* gonna replace all of the ignition wires. Is there any
advantage to using MSD ignition components? I'll test the wires first of
course. I just hafta dig up my multimeter. Thanks.

-Mike

Old December 9th 04, 12:07 AM
SVTKate

I know you have probabaly already made sure, but just because it came into
my head.
Make sure that the contacts inside the boots have not slipped up so far that
they are not making proper connection with the plugs, and that they are
snapped onto the plugs good and firm.

Like I said, I know you already did this....

Kate

Old December 9th 04, 02:11 AM

I didn't do that... I didn't even know they could move! I did force the
plugs to seat sometimes... and I think I may have pushed them upward.. damn,
Kate.. if you're right... imma be so ****ed & so happy at the same time.
I'll check it tomorrow. Thanks.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors

"SVTKate" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> I know you have probabaly already made sure, but just because it came into
> my head.
> Make sure that the contacts inside the boots have not slipped up so far

that
> they are not making proper connection with the plugs, and that they are
> snapped onto the plugs good and firm.
>
> Like I said, I know you already did this....
>
> Kate
>
> "Dinsdale" > wrote in message
> | On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:11:30 GMT, > wrote:
> |
> | >It did it before I swapped mufflers (which I welded on... so yeah,

would
> be
> | >a little tough. I could temporarily disconnect them at the H-pipe, but
> then
> | >I'd hafta take off the hanger I welded on.. not fun.. so nevermind.
> | >
> | >The ignition wires I replaced about 20k miles ago. I noticed that the
> inside
> | >of the plug holes are a bit dirty.. as in dirt contamination. I see a
> thing
> | >on eBay that has MSD Ignition wires, tach driver, and 2 coil packs all

in
> 1
> | >auction that I may snag. Replace it all & see what happens... but what
> can I
> | >use to clean out the plug holes? Also, what can I use to clean out the
> spark
> | >plug boots? Thanks.
> | >
> | >-Mike
> |
> | Ok..20k miles on the wires...I guess they weren't a recent replace as
> | I thought. Still, with all the plug changes you've done some damage
> | may have occurred....something to check with an ohm meter.
> | I keep coming back to the wires because a friend's car stumbled and
> | hesitated bad (while driving) with anything more than 1/4 throttle and
> | it was fixed with new wires.
> | But it sounds like you may be replacing them anyway.
> |
> | As far as cleaning out the plug holes...carb cleaner (if it's greasy)
> | and/or compressed air (and some rags to keep the splatter down).
> | Similar procedure for the plug boots...contact cleaner might be better
> | for the boots. I know brake cleaner is essentially the same as
> | contact cleaner, but it's a stronger mix and may harm plastics or
> | rubber.
> |
> | BTW, my '97 service manual recommends to "coat the entire interior
> | surface of the boot with Silicone Dielectric Compound"
> |
> | Buena suerte.
> |
> | DP
> | Pics of the cars:
> | http://tinyurl.com/4fcsn

Urgent! need people with knowledge with Honda's! Rattus the RAT Honda 15 December 28th 04 07:46 PM
URGENT....PLEASE R S General 0 June 25th 04 11:27 AM
Urgent advice please.Audi 80 1800 cylinder head replacement. Reubo Audi 2 May 20th 04 09:58 PM
Urgent advice LandRover IIA ignition barrel lock DrF 4x4 4 December 30th 03 06:26 PM