Considering 02 coupe

Old December 9th 04, 07:45 AM

Default Considering 02 coupe

Depends on how much abuse the car has seen. Generally they've been reliable
to most ppl that I know... mine has been reliable USUALLY.. but it has
caused me some grief (but the car you're looking at is also 4 years newer
than mine..). I'd say check it out extremely thoroughly... see how the
previous owner drove it (older person driving will generally take it easy on
it compared to a 16 year old).. and if you really want the car & the price
is right.. snag it!

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

"Nursinglifeline" > wrote in message
> Auto with 18k miles on it.
>
> Are 'stangs generally reliable cars? I rented an '04 recently for a long

trip
> and found it to be a nice ride so I'm just looking for what I might expect

from

Old December 9th 04, 05:44 PM
Grumbler

"Nursinglifeline" > wrote:
> Are 'stangs generally reliable cars? I rented an '04 recently for a long
> trip
> and found it to be a nice ride so I'm just looking for what I might expect
> from
> it a couple of years down the road.

Take the time to review this page on the Mustangs:
http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/u...ex.cfm/id/2037

-=G

Old December 9th 04, 05:52 PM
Grumbler

"Grumbler" > wrote:
> Take the time to review this page on the Mustangs:
> http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/u...ex.cfm/id/2037

And this one, too:
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2002/for...ex...1.F ord*

-=G

Old December 10th 04, 05:13 PM
Martin

I had some issues that were taken care of under warranty on my 2002GT.
There was a 12 inch gap of missing sealant on the right side of the
windshield, which caused a big water leak untill it was corrected.
Right front wheel speed sensor failed. Tremec 3650
transmission TSB was done this Fall. There is a thread over on
StangNet on the TSB.
Martin
2002GT
243 rwhp

Old December 11th 04, 12:07 AM
Rein

On 10 Dec 2004 08:13:24 -0800, "Martin" > wrote:

>I had some issues that were taken care of under warranty on my 2002GT.
>There was a 12 inch gap of missing sealant on the right side of the
>windshield, which caused a big water leak untill it was corrected.
>Right front wheel speed sensor failed. Tremec 3650
>transmission TSB was done this Fall. There is a thread over on
>StangNet on the TSB.
>Martin
>2002GT
>243 rwhp

How did that TSB on the Tremec work out ? Did it fix the issue ? This
was about the notchy shifting from first to second, correct ?

Old December 13th 04, 01:12 AM
Martin

Yes the TSB for the Tremec cured the notchy feeling between first &
second. Everything is fine. Lighthouse Ford in Falmouth Ma, did it with
out any issues, and no problem having a Hurst shifter in my GT.
Martin