1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

Old September 11th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Default 1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

My son in law lost one of the knobs for the Fade Controls on his '03 WJ.
Does anyone here know where one might be obtained?

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1901_11303549

Old September 13th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Casper

>Or a new vice grip handle.
>God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Same thing my neighbor said... but I prefer not the poor man's fix.
I have pain/motion issues from shoulder to hands since the accident.

>"billy ray" was heard to mutter:
>My son in law lost one of the knobs for the Fade Controls on his '03 WJ.

Yeah, I rummaged around my stash but came up knob-less.

> "DougW" was heard to say...
>billy ray posted a lot of links. I'd start looking there.

Going to check those out.

>Stick with OEM or check napaonline.com simply because the
>"one size fits all" aftermarket tend to break.

I'd prefer OEM. I do with many of my things.

>When you check with a parts counter make sure they don't have
>it as a sub-assembly. Sometimes they try to sell the whole assembly
>when there are sub parts they can sell.

Ah, I did not know that. Thanks much for the tip.

>The other option is to gather the bits and try some Gorrilla Glue.
>no kidding, that stuff is some insane glue. Used it to fix one of
>my A/C knobs. A little aluminum from a guiness can as a backer and
>it's good as new again.

>Another option is ye olde junk yard. Try to find a rollover
>or other ZJ up to 95. (I think)

Yep, thought about that too. Even the alternate knob as Billy Ray
suggested. The handle is in one piece, but broke off right around the
stem. I went as far as to grab one from a junk yard, but they cut off
the cable at the hood end. Wanted to try swapping handles but could
not get the it off without breaking it.

Thanks for all the help!

Btw...
Seems the trouble wth the econoline van turned out to be the 8th plug
was not firing due to lack of current thru the wires. Replaced the
wires and engine purring, but then it would just die. Turns out after
the fuel pump was shorting. New pump and all tested well.
Old September 17th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

billy ray wrote:
> My son in law lost one of the knobs for the Fade Controls on his '03
> WJ. Does anyone here know where one might be obtained?
>
> http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1901_11303549

I'd check local junk yards for a burnout or something where the
radio was so damaged they will take a few bucks for it.

--
DougW