2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1910 AC Sociable caption.JPG (0/1) 01 of 49

Old July 21st 09, 12:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

Default 2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1910 AC Sociable caption.JPG (0/1) 01 of 49

Hi, All

Here's the first of three initial batches of pictures from this year's
FoS. These were taken at the Cartier Style et Luxe concours, plus
a few from the Bonhams sale.

Pictures from the Paddock and hill will follow in a few weeks. I'm off
for two weeks' holiday on Thursday, and won't have time to prepare
any more pictures after these three lots before I go.

Incidentally, these were all shot at 10 megapixels and have been re-
sized for posting. If anyone would like to see any at a larger resolution,
let me know, and I'll repost or e-mail any that may be wanted.
Old July 21st 09, 07:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article >, Ron
> writes
(Leroy Curtis) wrote in
:

>> Hi, All
>>
>> Here's the first of three initial batches of pictures from this year's
>> FoS. These were taken at the Cartier Style et Luxe concours, plus
>> a few from the Bonhams sale.
>>
>> Pictures from the Paddock and hill will follow in a few weeks. I'm off
>> for two weeks' holiday on Thursday, and won't have time to prepare
>> any more pictures after these three lots before I go.
>>
>> Incidentally, these were all shot at 10 megapixels and have been re-
>> sized for posting. If anyone would like to see any at a larger
>> resolution, let me know, and I'll repost or e-mail any that may be
>> wanted.
>>

>Hi Leroy,
>
>What an amazing collection of cars
>Those tiny ones are fantastic!
>Thank you for posting them.
>I'll look forward to the rest.
>
>That Morgan runabout is in unbelievable condition for a 97 year old
>vehicle!
>
>Many thanks,

The Style et Luxe was great this year, with those cyclecars and some
more lovely stuff to come. In fact the whole Festival was terrific; the
highlight for me was the collection of "Silver Arrows," the M-B and Auto
Union racers from the 1930s; I suspect I'll never again see so many of
them in one place. Pictures of these will follow when I get back from
holiday.

I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures, Ron.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email