VW Wins Award

Old November 13th 04, 06:28 AM
Bill Berckman

Default VW Wins Award

In case you have not heard, or like myself really don't give a S#$%, VW has won
an award for its new talking owners manuel. Article at this link.
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...icle_953.shtml
This thing might utilize some modern technology, but anyone driving a Jetta or
Golfbeetle, should really know how to adjust the mirror or turn on the dome
light before leaving the driveway. My 67 owners manual is a real owners
maual. Beleive it or not, it actually tells you how to fix something on the
car.

Bill Berckman
67 Beetle

Old November 13th 04, 08:26 PM
Howard Rose

On 13 Nov 2004 06:28:34 GMT, PAMOUT (Bill Berckman)
wrote:

>In case you have not heard, or like myself really don't give a S#$%, VW has won
>an award for its new talking owners manuel. Article at this link.

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...icle_953.shtml
>This thing might utilize some modern technology, but anyone driving a Jetta or
>Golfbeetle, should really know how to adjust the mirror or turn on the dome
>light before leaving the driveway. My 67 owners manual is a real owners
>maual. Beleive it or not, it actually tells you how to fix something on the
>car.

That's true about the owner's manual. When I first sat in my '66, it
took me about 20 seconds to work out what the controls did. When I
drive my parents Mazda 323, or my brother's Citroen AX, the amount of
control knobs, switches, dials, turney things and flashing lights get
me confused! To so somehting simple like turn on the windscreen
demister, you have to stare at the dashboard for about 10 minutes,
turn correct knob and position the slidey thing, then press another
button and you get air. In my '66, you simply open the quarterlight
:-)

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe
Old November 13th 04, 10:37 PM
Ben Boyle

Yeah, but how much demisting does that get you?
:-)
Surprisingly, my 2CV really can throw out some heat, I think the reason it's system works is that it is Beetle style,
but it's going backward, it isn't trying to travel forward like in a Beetle. But what do I care about heat? Winter is
just around the corner and I plan on putting them both up for the winter within the next week.