VW Golf Jazz 1997 - Shifting and Starting probs

Old October 25th 06, 09:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
3d0g

Default VW Golf Jazz 1997 - Shifting and Starting probs

Shifting prob...

Lately I have alot of trouble getting into 2nd and 4 th gears and have
to jiggle the shifter to get it to "fit" ..

Starting prob...

I still can't start it in cold or wet weather and have burned out
several starters trying - yes io have changed the infamous cracked
coil - but the problem still exsits - i need to put it in the garage
in the winter if I hope to start it ok.

Some one said a tune up will solve the wet/damp starting problem, any
ideas ?

Any help on either matter would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old October 25th 06, 11:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan[_3_]

You are in the wrong newsgroup. We don't discuss the late model
watercooled Volkswagen here. This group is strictly for the old
aircooled VW's.

You should go to the Watercooled VW group at

rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

I'm sure they can help you out.

Jan Andersson

Old October 26th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
3d0g

My apologies,thanks for pointing that out.

Old October 26th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan[_3_]

3d0g kirjoitti:
> My apologies,thanks for pointing that out.

No prob.

Jan