Mounting clip on fan shroud for gas line?

Old October 3rd 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
jcpi

Default Mounting clip on fan shroud for gas line?

Was there a clip to hold the metal / rubber gas line junction to the
fan shroud where it comes up on the driver's side going to the fuel
pump? It looks like there should be some type of way to fasten the
line to keep it away from the intake manifond.

Old October 3rd 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

yep
AFAIK there is a plastic clip that holds 3 things, 2 spark plug wires and
the fuel line.

ups.com...

Old October 3rd 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....05%2D4 51%2DA

Old October 4th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
AshMan

Just remember to lube the round portion of the clip so it slips into
the hole in the fan shroud. It may help to twist it a little as you
press it in, but be careful. I broke two of mine trying to snap them
into the hole.
The replacements I bought were made of a softer plastic than the
originals. There seems to be different quality ones available from
different retailers.

Also be careful pressing the plug wires into the grooves. Mine were
so tight that they ripped the top layer of the insulation. Don't use
oil here since the silicone plug wires don't usually like oil.
Silicone lube works well.

FYI - I've seen pics of a metal fuel line bracket w/ rubber lining
that bolts to the left side of the fan shroud. I'm not sure if these
were original VW, or not.

AshMan40

Old October 5th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

"AshMan" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Also be careful pressing the plug wires into the grooves. Mine were
> so tight that they ripped the top layer of the insulation. Don't use
> oil here since the silicone plug wires don't usually like oil.
> Silicone lube works well.

A little soapy water and roll those spark plug wires in the grooves. ;-)

Where to get tranny line clip? ajcrm125 Jeep 13 February 13th 07 06:49 AM
C-3 Fan Shroud Jamie Corvette 7 October 6th 06 02:58 AM
Auxiliarry fan shroud Yvan BMW 1 September 22nd 06 12:48 PM
67 Mustang: Fan rub on shroud pony67 Ford Mustang 5 August 4th 05 05:30 PM
Oil-Pan Shroud Question Brian Running VW water cooled 7 September 23rd 04 01:09 AM