"Compass by Jeep is not traditional"

Old June 24th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default "Compass by Jeep is not traditional"

Compass by Jeep is not traditional
If you're a die-hard traditionalist, the 2007 Compass is certainly not
a traditional Jeep. But it is more of a Jeep than any of its
competitors.
at http://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend...3406-2145r.htm

Old June 24th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Mike" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Compass by Jeep is not traditional
> If you're a die-hard traditionalist, the 2007 Compass is certainly
> not a traditional Jeep. But it is more of a Jeep than any of its
> competitors.
> at http://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend...3406-2145r.htm

I haven't seen a Jeep Compass yet but they compare it to the Dodge
Caliber and on my last trip I rented a Caliber and found it an
absolutely terrific little car! Amazingly ugly but wonderfully
comfortable and practical with excellent performance. A much better
car than the Neon it replaces.

The Jeep Compass is built on a similar platform, it's almost the same
car so it won't be in any way shape or form a Jeep but it will be a
pretty nice car and should give Jeep dealers a good seller.

Check it out: http://www.dodge.com/en/caliber/index.html
Old June 24th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Mike proclaimed:
> Compass by Jeep is not traditional
> If you're a die-hard traditionalist, the 2007 Compass is certainly not
> a traditional Jeep. But it is more of a Jeep than any of its
> competitors.
> at http://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend...3406-2145r.htm

Once you realize that all Jeeps are just glofied K-Cars these days, you
can usually manage to move on with your life to something important like
less filling vs tastes great.

Old June 24th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

What was wrong with K-Cars?

. ..

Old June 25th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"billy ray" > wrote in message
> What was wrong with K-Cars?

Eww!
I remember, when the K car came out my Ex was working at the Dodge
dealership. He wanted to buy me one of those boxy convertibles... it was
brown. I wholeheartedly discouraged him and told him I'd rather just play
with my old Chebby Truck (74 4x4 short bed - ugly and I loved it!) So, it
was lucky for me I never had to drive one. Instead, I got a high rise, an RV
cam, a 650 double pumper, 33's, a lift, enough chrome and braided stainless
under the hood to blind you (it was the thing back then - ok!) and some new
paint. Oh yea! Damn I loved that old truck.

Back then I was young (and much thinner) enough I could just climb up into
the engine compartment and sit on the inner fender well to work on it

Now I couldn't hike my fat ass up there if my life depended on it. *sigh*

Hmmmm... must be nostalga week.

Kate

Old June 25th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

A lot of things, but they worked well enough for a lot of people and
helped Chrysler to survive (with the help of a loan from us), long
enough to get taken over by the Germans.

Jeff DeWitt

Old June 25th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

My copy of this page popped up with a Volvo ad on it. ;^)

Earle

ups.com...