'88 Grand Wagon frame rusted

Old April 19th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
c[_1_]

Default '88 Grand Wagon frame rusted

Might be something like this stuff:
http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...rID=347&KICKER

or:

http://tinyurl.com/yelepd

I have also used POR-15 as a rust preventative, and it has survived 7
Michigan winters on my truck frame so far with no rust at all. Just wear
gloves when you use the stuff, or it takes 2-3 weeks for it to wear off
your skin.

Chris

Old April 20th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
merrill

Thanks Mike, Earle, Chris

I will check for the "rust converter" at CTC this weekend. I used
something like that on my trailer hitch and painted it with Home
Hardware Rust Coat. But it rusted through the paint in one winter. I
guess I didn't get all the rust or else I used a similar product that
wasn't as good.

I still have some of the original formula Naval Jelly. The new stuff
is poor in comparison.

I wanted to try POR-15. I think I found it in the Eastwood catalogue,
but I have no idea where to find it in Canada.

There is a good selection of Krown products at Home Hardware. The only
one I have used is the oil spray. Anybody have experience with their
other products?

I have 5 vehicles to work on so I can experiment.

OT, somebody bumped my wife's car in a parking lot about a month ago.
No body damage, but the other car must have been filthy because it
left some nasty scratches on the plastic bumper. I was hoping to use
rubbing compound to try to clean it up. I have an XJ that has some
overspray touch-up paint on the plastic flares. Is there a product
that will solve both of these problems? Somebody recently mentioned in
another thread that a clay bar could work. Any recommendations? Please
suggest something that is available in Canada if possible.

Merrill

Last Foot or So of Tailpipe Rusted Elle Honda 4 March 22nd 07 02:53 PM
Rusted Sunroof Panel 88 crx si [email protected] Honda 0 May 19th 06 03:44 AM
Rusted out floors in my 74 super Derek VW air cooled 9 March 31st 06 04:22 AM
rusted top msstewart1 Dodge 4 October 8th 05 04:06 PM
rusted body - cosmetic or dangerous? ant Technology 10 January 21st 05 04:23 AM