California State Route 92

Old July 15th 07, 08:21 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation,ca.driving
Carl ROGÉRS

Default California State Route 92

Hi All,

California State Route 92 serves the San Francisco Bay Area as a
multi-function, multi-terrained route. Today, we'll focus on its occidental
constituents. In the central portion of the San Francisco peninsula, coming
from Half Moon Bay, the route is most entirely a two-laned corridor.
Between Interstate 280 and US Federal Route 101 (in order from west to
east), the route becomes the J. Arthur Younger Freeway.

Now available at the Worldwide Highway Library, a component of Calrog.com,
is a video of State Route 92:

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/ca-92.wmv

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Adding human experience to highway enthusiasm"
********
Calrog.com, http://www.calrog.com :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in Turn-of-the-Century PC Development, International
Highway Research, and Interpersonal Psychology. Has served your home
country and ninety-seven of its worldwide neighbours since 2000, through
Internet downstream and published works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/calrog
********

Old July 15th 07, 08:32 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation,ca.driving
Steve Pope

Carl Rogers > wrote:

>California State Route 92 serves the San Francisco Bay Area as a
>multi-function, multi-terrained route.

In what sense is a highway "multi-function"? Does it serve
as a backup landing strip for small aircraft.

Steve
Old July 15th 07, 08:58 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation,ca.driving
EAST COAST HIVE MIND

Steve Pope wrote:

> Carl Rogers > wrote:
>
>>California State Route 92 serves the San Francisco Bay Area as a
>>multi-function, multi-terrained route.

> In what sense is a highway "multi-function"? Does it serve
> as a backup landing strip for small aircraft.
>
> Steve

Hey, it's a floor wax and a dessert topping!

--
Comrade Otto Yamamoto
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com
Old July 16th 07, 05:50 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation,ca.driving
Hatunen

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:59:51 -0400, "Scott M. Kozel"

(Steve Pope) wrote:

>> Carl Rogers > wrote:
>>
>> >California State Route 92 serves the San Francisco Bay Area as a
>> >multi-function, multi-terrained route.

>> In what sense is a highway "multi-function"?

>Does it serve several of these traffic functions --
>
>- Local
>- Commuter
>- Long-distance bypass
>- Trucks
>- Bus transit

It serves as a steeply graded parking lot on the ocean side of
the hills during rush hours.

Old July 18th 07, 07:25 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation,ca.driving
CAHighway99

On Jul 15, 9:50?pm, Hatunen > wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:59:51 -0400, "Scott M. Kozel"
>

> > wrote:
> (Steve Pope) wrote:

> >> In what sense is a highway "multi-function"?

> >Does it serve several of these traffic functions --

> >- Local
> >- Commuter
> >- Long-distance bypass
> >- Trucks
> >- Bus transit

> It serves as a steeply graded parking lot on the ocean side of
> the hills during rush hours.
>
> --
> ************* DAVE HATUNEN ) *************
> * Tucson Arizona, out where the cacti grow *
> * My typos & mispellings are intentional copyright traps *- Hide quoted text -

Ooooooh yeah; took me almost an hour to drive just 5 miles of CA 92
West on Sunday. Twiddled my thumbs while trying to reach Highway 1.

-Brent

Old July 18th 07, 08:09 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation,ca.driving
Hatunen

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:25:04 -0700, CAHighway99
> wrote:

>On Jul 15, 9:50?pm, Hatunen > wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:59:51 -0400, "Scott M. Kozel"
>>

>> > wrote:

>> >Does it serve several of these traffic functions --

>> >- Local
>> >- Commuter
>> >- Long-distance bypass
>> >- Trucks
>> >- Bus transit

>> It serves as a steeply graded parking lot on the ocean side of
>> the hills during rush hours.
>>

>Ooooooh yeah; took me almost an hour to drive just 5 miles of CA 92
>West on Sunday. Twiddled my thumbs while trying to reach Highway 1.

When I was working in Palo Alto and living in Pacifica/Linda Mar
I once thought it might be fun to cut over to HMB and drive up
the coast to get home. Once, and only once.

Old July 19th 07, 02:02 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation,ca.driving
Higdon

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
. net...

> Today, we'll focus on its occidental constituents.

As opposed to, say, its oriental constituents? Are you talking about the
folks who drive it who are non-Asian or the folks who drive it who live on
the western part of it versus the eastern part?

I'm flummoxed...

Old July 19th 07, 08:38 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation,ca.driving
David Kaye

PS: The previous post in this thread did not come from John Higdon, but
from me. I have a screwed up news reader.