Petition to bring the Electric Car back to the Retail Market.

Old July 21st 07, 07:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Petition to bring the Electric Car back to the Retail Market.

Sign this petition to bring the electric car, which they are keeping
from us, back to the retail market. Take a minute and read, then sign
it and email it to any and everyone you know. Together we can bring
change, and it is time we stand tall and let our voice be heard.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ElectricCarDemand

The Imperial Shark

Old July 21st 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

On Jul 21, 1:45 am, wrote:
> Sign this petition to bring the electric car, which they are keeping
> from us, back to the retail market. Take a minute and read, then sign
> it and email it to any and everyone you know. Together we can bring
> change, and it is time we stand tall and let our voice be heard.
>
> http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ElectricCarDemand
>
> The Imperial Shark

Who is they? I think it is the same people who you are trying to get
to sign the petition. Auto mfgs are not sure enough people will buy
electric cars to make it worth their while to pay the development non-
recurring costs.

You would be surprised how much effort these companies put into
determining what customers want. People are afraid Ecars will leave
them stranded or inconvenienced with the state-of-the-art of current
battery cars.

Hybrids are something else, but again most customers these days are
into more performance, so MOST of the new hybrids use the technology
to increase performance, not cut down on fuel usage or emissions.

Until you can convince the buying public that current cars have more
than enough performance, you won't get anywhere. Cars are more than
transportation, and symbolic of POWER. People want more POWER. Find
a way to change the buying public on that issue and you will be doing
a worthwhile thing.

Forcing mfgs to produce things the consumer will not buy risks
damaging our economy.

Personally my ten year old car has MORE than enough performance but I
know so many friends just have to have more POWER/PERFORMANCE!

Old July 22nd 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

On Jul 22, 12:44 am, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:42:29 GMT, "
>
> > wrote:
> >On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:45:32 -0700, wrote:

> >>Sign this petition to bring the electric car, which they are keeping
> >>from us, back to the retail market. Take a minute and read, then sign
> >>it and email it to any and everyone you know. Together we can bring
> >>change, and it is time we stand tall and let our voice be heard.

> >>http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ElectricCarDemand

> >Where's the electricity to power all these cars going to come from?

> Most people will be doing their charging at night when we have an
> excess of generating capacity. It's very unlikely to be a problem.

Day or night, still pumps out same amount of CO2, uses same amount of
fuel oil.

Old July 23rd 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

On Jul 23, 1:29 am, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 10:26:39 -0700, Don Stauffer in Minnesota
>

> > wrote:
> >On Jul 22, 12:44 am, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> >> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:42:29 GMT, "

> >> Most people will be doing their charging at night when we have an
> >> excess of generating capacity. It's very unlikely to be a problem.

> >Day or night, still pumps out same amount of CO2, uses same amount of
> >fuel oil.

> So? The fuel that those electric cars DON"T burn will be available for
> those power plants. And because they are stationary plants that won't
> be starting and stopping at every stop light they should be able to
> put out less pollution then the same amount of fuel burned in a car
> would have put out.

Only if it has regenerative braking.

Old July 23rd 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve[_1_]

wrote:

> Sign this petition to bring the electric car, which they are keeping
> from us, back to the retail market. Take a minute and read, then sign
> it and email it to any and everyone you know. Together we can bring
> change, and it is time we stand tall and let our voice be heard.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ElectricCarDemand

> The Imperial Shark

"THEY?" How about YOU? YOU are the ones that didn't buy enough of them
to make them viable in the marketplace, you have only yourself to blame.
Signatures on petitions don't mean anything if they don't turn into
SALES of the vehicles.

Old July 23rd 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve[_1_]

Ashton Crusher wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:42:29 GMT, "
> > wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:45:32 -0700, wrote:
>>

>>>Sign this petition to bring the electric car, which they are keeping

>>>from us, back to the retail market. Take a minute and read, then sign

>>>it and email it to any and everyone you know. Together we can bring
>>>change, and it is time we stand tall and let our voice be heard.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ElectricCarDemand

>>Where's the electricity to power all these cars going to come from?

> Most people will be doing their charging at night when we have an
> excess of generating capacity. It's very unlikely to be a problem.

So we just pollute more at night than we do currently. Yeah, that's great.
Old July 23rd 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

On Jul 21, 2:45 am, wrote:
> Sign this petition to bring the electric car, which they

Precisely who are the "they" that are keeping the electric car from
us.

Since the EV1 was leased and not sold you never owned it so there is
nothing to return to you. GM was under no obligation to sell your car
to you. I can understand why GM would not want to shoulder the
ongoing maintenance of a car they had no intention of selling in the
long term.

Do you really believe nonsense like: "Once it appeared that it was
going to be a success, GM recalled all of the vehicles, and then
shredded all of them." Do you really believe a company like GM with
all of their financial troubles would invest the billions of dollars
to tool up a new car only to kill it because it was successful?

> are keeping
> from us,

And who are the "us" who want to drive low powered limited range
electric cars.

> back to the retail market. Take a minute and read, then sign
> it and email it to any and everyone you know. Together we can bring
> change, and it is time we stand tall and let our voice be heard.

And why would I want to burn coal to power my car. Effectively that
is what you would be doing.

Old July 23rd 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:42:29 GMT, "
> wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:45:32 -0700, wrote:
>
>>Sign this petition to bring the electric car, which they are keeping
>>from us, back to the retail market. Take a minute and read, then sign
>>it and email it to any and everyone you know. Together we can bring
>>change, and it is time we stand tall and let our voice be heard.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ElectricCarDemand

>Where's the electricity to power all these cars going to come from?

From THEM.