Mass Airflow Sensor

Old October 24th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
lobo

Default Mass Airflow Sensor

"Ears" > wrote in message
> Chilton claims the mass airfllow sensor can cause running problems if
> it's failing: stalling and idle problems

Had our 2000 Jetta in the shop three times with a stalling and idle problem.
They changed out the MAF Sensor twice, only to have the issue raise it's
head again. On the third try, they found the electrical plug to the sensor
to be faulty and changed it out. No problems since.

Ray in Texas

Old October 24th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
631grant

My MAF was causing stalling and idling problems on my 97 Jetta. I used the
alcohol cleaning scheme that is on vwvortex about 50,000 miles ago and
haven't had a problem since then. At that time, VW or any other supplier
wanted over $500 for a new one while other years' MAF only cost around $50.
I see the price is coming down now. I don't know what makes mine so
special.

Mass Airflow sensor TINY Corvette 9 April 27th 07 05:06 AM
Mass Airflow Sensor Test? Travis Ogden Corvette 2 April 12th 07 06:10 PM
No mass airflow sensor in a 1996 SC2 - yes or no? Ted Wong Saturn 2 April 5th 07 05:54 PM
98 jetta, dirty mass airflow sensor cpjetta VW water cooled 0 July 1st 05 12:07 AM
Mass Airflow, need Help! JC Technology 15 January 24th 05 03:56 AM