EDR?

Old October 17th 08, 10:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Malcolm \Mal\ Reynolds

Default EDR?

I know I've asked this before and someone answered it, but I'm looking for a
link that documents EDR or MVEDR on Audis and the Phaeton. I've looked, I've
even emailed Volkswagen in Germany, America and Australia and gotten no
response.
Old October 17th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_4_]

what is "EDR or MVEDR"

"Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in
message 11...

Old October 18th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
lobo

From Wikipedia:
MVEDR is an acronym for Motor Vehicle Event Data Recorder

An Event Data Recorder or EDR is a device installed in some automobiles and
trucks to record information related to vehicle crashes or accidents.

The ol' "black box"

Old October 18th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_4_]

OK, then he's interested is what the airbag model records when "one" smashes
the car(lol)! Don't think anyone is going to tell you as that info is for
the manufacture. I think it's a good think to have for responsible drivers
as that info could very well protect the owner in an crash and lawyer case.

Old October 18th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Not Currently Available

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote in
news
> OK, then he's interested is what the airbag model records when "one"
> smashes the car(lol)! Don't think anyone is going to tell you as that
> info is for the manufacture. I think it's a good think to have for
> responsible drivers as that info could very well protect the owner in an
> crash and lawyer case.
>

> "lobo" > wrote in message
>> From Wikipedia:
>> MVEDR is an acronym for Motor Vehicle Event Data Recorder
>>
>> An Event Data Recorder or EDR is a device installed in some automobiles
>> and trucks to record information related to vehicle crashes or
>> accidents.
>>
>> The ol' "black box"
>>

>> "Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote in message
>>> what is "EDR or MVEDR"
>>>

>>> "Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote
>>> in message 11...

But I'm looking for an online link that states definitvely that Audis and
Phaetons have and use them. I can't find that on any VW site.
Old October 20th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_4_]

don't think that info is public. It's not even in the VW factory manuals.

"Not Currently Available" > wrote in
message 11...

Old October 20th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Malcolm \Mal\ Reynolds

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote in
:

> don't think that info is public. It's not even in the VW factory

manuals.

So how do you prove to an ignorant person that a car like the Phaeton
would have it as standard equipment?

Old October 20th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

You don't? Tell him Phaetons are made by GM and point him to articles
about GM's crash analysis? He should be able to believe that GM makes
them as Chrysler is making the VW minivans in the US market.

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:58:53 +0000 (UTC), "Malcolm \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Old October 20th 08, 09:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Malcolm \Mal\ Reynolds

Jim Behning > wrote in
:

> You don't? Tell him Phaetons are made by GM and point him to articles
> about GM's crash analysis? He should be able to believe that GM makes
> them as Chrysler is making the VW minivans in the US market.

He won't believe that. Even if I could make the connection, he wouldn't
believe that GM doing crash analysis.

Sorry, but the guy is a complete ******

Thanks for the suggestion

> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:58:53 +0000 (UTC), "Malcolm \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote in
m:

>>> don't think that info is public. It's not even in the VW factory

>>manuals.
>>

>>So how do you prove to an ignorant person that a car like the Phaeton
>>would have it as standard equipment?
>>

>>> "Not Currently Available" > wrote

in
>>> message 11...

that

in
>>an

>>automobiles

wrote

Old October 21st 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

http://www.gm.com/corporate/responsi...ders/index.jsp

How hard can it be to show him the Brooke Shields commercial and then
connect the dots off to another car producer?

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:52:53 +0000 (UTC), "Malcolm \"Mal\" Reynolds"

:

>> You don't? Tell him Phaetons are made by GM and point him to articles
>> about GM's crash analysis? He should be able to believe that GM makes
>> them as Chrysler is making the VW minivans in the US market.

>He won't believe that. Even if I could make the connection, he wouldn't
>believe that GM doing crash analysis.
>
>Sorry, but the guy is a complete ******
>
>Thanks for the suggestion
>

>> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:58:53 +0000 (UTC), "Malcolm \"Mal\" Reynolds"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote in
om: