VW Golf III AAM engine RPM problem

Old September 26th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
GoraN

Default VW Golf III AAM engine RPM problem

Hello everybody.

First of all, sorry for my english, but I hope that you will understand my
problem.

I have Golf III with AAM engine (1.8L, 55kW, monopoint).

Problem is that very often when engine past 2ooo RPM, and I let out thrust
pedal, my engine start by it self to giving more rpm for half secund.
When I cahnging gears I see on RPM gauge that for very short time RPMs start
to rase for 300-500 RPM, or when I whant to break with engine, also start to
accelerate.

I know that idle acuator giving that extra thrust (I feel that thrust pedal
go down littlebit), but I don't know whay.

Does someone have any idea? Thank you in advance, regards from Croatia...

--
Goran

Vukovar se vraca kuci...

Old September 26th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:38:36 +0200, "GoraN"
> wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
>First of all, sorry for my english, but I hope that you will understand my
>problem.
>
>I have Golf III with AAM engine (1.8L, 55kW, monopoint).
>
>Problem is that very often when engine past 2ooo RPM, and I let out thrust
>pedal, my engine start by it self to giving more rpm for half secund.
>When I cahnging gears I see on RPM gauge that for very short time RPMs start
>to rase for 300-500 RPM, or when I whant to break with engine, also start to
>accelerate.
>
>I know that idle acuator giving that extra thrust (I feel that thrust pedal
>go down littlebit), but I don't know whay.
>
>Does someone have any idea? Thank you in advance, regards from Croatia...

just a guess, but a slightly sticking throttle cable?
Old September 26th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
GoraN

PeterD wrote:
> just a guess, but a slightly sticking throttle cable?

If I have understand you coretly, that is not problem. My throttle pedal
goes on good place, but then little electric motor (that have purpos to
control idle speed) start to giving more throttle. Problem is that ECU
because of some reason thinks that it's need to give more throttle, but I
don't know whay.

Is there any senzor that is very important and from wher ECU reading when
need to give more throttle? If engine is under 2ooo RPM, ther is no that
problem?...

--
Goran

Vukovar se vraca kuci...

Old September 29th 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
none2u

It sounds like he means it has a surge , when he lets off the gas. above
2000 rpm. But he says the car stalls too. So maybe the ecu is sensing the
stall and adding the surge to compensate... Sometimes it stalls because the
ecu couldn't keep up. Unfortunately I don't work on gas VWs much. I failed
miserably trying to make a cis VW run correctly I got for a song and a
dance. And I never recovered. So I leave them be. I do believe the 94 2
litre has a throttle position sensor. I look at the tps as a rotable as they
are used all the time and move. So they wear. I,ve had a string of successes
replacing the tps. either it fixes it or reduces the problem. If you mean to
try parts , I think they aren't too expensive. there is a test in the
Bentley with a ohm meter for the tps. . a fuel pressure regulator in the
fuel rail. cost about twice as much as the tps. there's a very expensive
airflow meter. which may cause problems if its sooted up , or has oil on
it. Cleaning may do something. Anything beyond that requires somebody else's
expertise. If you do want a tps, get the part number off of it. there are
many different ones on the same exact VWs. I have difficulty with your
electronic diagnosis failure. It is rare for an analysis to fail if done
correctly. If there was a failure to diagnose I wouldn't pay. If I wasn't
paying for it, I wouldn't think it was any good either. If there was a
failure found I,d let them fix it. If the cars stil runs like crap. I
wouldn't pay for anything until they finished fixing it. Good Luck