I think I have a cloaking device....

Old October 22nd 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default I think I have a cloaking device....

So being a nice day but windy I decide I'll do my outgoing bicycling trip
through the forest preserve into the wind and then take roads back with
the wind to by back.

On my way back I am riding a 4 lane arterial road. Being sunday, traffic
is light.

I going along in the right lane at ~22-25mph, 40mph speed limit. I am not
taking the lane, there are 1.5-1.75 lanes available to get around me.
Needless to say I end up with dimwits slowing to my speed behind me
because somehow, on a bright sunny day with clear sight lines and ample
chance to change lanes. I understand why people get behind me at
traffic lights, they are gambling on power-to-weight ratio and the sloth
of the drivers in the next lane, often their bet pays out. But when I am
moving between lights, the odds that I'll have a KITT like 'turbo boost'
are aproximately zero making their lack of changing lanes something I do
not understand...

Maybe it was the grey t-shirt.... Most likely just astounding stupidity.

Old October 22nd 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Brent P:
> I going along in the right lane at ~22-25mph, 40mph speed limit. I am not
> taking the lane, there are 1.5-1.75 lanes available to get around me.
> Needless to say I end up with dimwits slowing to my speed behind me
> because somehow, on a bright sunny day with clear sight lines and ample
> chance to change lanes.

Maybe your cloaking device is projecting an image of you into the lanes
to the left?

--
'And then we wonder why the UFO's won't
stop by and say hello..."
Old October 22nd 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article et>, necromancer wrote:
> Brent P:
>> I going along in the right lane at ~22-25mph, 40mph speed limit. I am not
>> taking the lane, there are 1.5-1.75 lanes available to get around me.
>> Needless to say I end up with dimwits slowing to my speed behind me
>> because somehow, on a bright sunny day with clear sight lines and ample
>> chance to change lanes.

> Maybe your cloaking device is projecting an image of you into the lanes
> to the left?

One of those more advanced models.... never thought of that.

Inforad device (UK) Nick BMW 0 June 2nd 06 11:58 PM
could i have a hidden GPS tracking device tiptoe1 General 3 March 3rd 06 06:01 AM
Diagnostic device [email protected] Ford Mustang 2 February 28th 06 12:01 AM
eBay Gas Saving Device - LOL Steve Sears Antique cars 1 August 28th 05 01:49 AM
Here is a cool GPS device Tom 4x4 0 July 21st 04 12:46 PM