Explorer Alignment

Old November 6th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jack[_4_]

Default Explorer Alignment

I think I remember a thread last year on front-end alignment which
mentioned a company which offered technically advanced alignment which
exceeded all others.

I have not been able to find such a thread in the archive.

Does anyone have such info to relay?

Jack
Old November 7th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Andy Barkl[_1_]

"Jack" > wrote in message
>I think I remember a thread last year on front-end alignment which
> mentioned a company which offered technically advanced alignment which
> exceeded all others.
>
> I have not been able to find such a thread in the archive.
>
> Does anyone have such info to relay?
>

> Jack

Perhaps they were referring to the alignment machine made by Hunter.

Old November 7th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
bronzebeetle

If you have a Jack Williams tire center nearby get them to do the
alignment. I used their shop for an alignment (and tires). What a
difference and they provided a computer printout that showed which
wheels needed to be lined-up. All for a reasonable cost IMO.

:

Old November 7th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

bronzebeetle wrote:
> If you have a Jack Williams tire center nearby get them to do the
> alignment. I used their shop for an alignment (and tires). What a
> difference and they provided a computer printout that showed which
> wheels needed to be lined-up. All for a reasonable cost IMO.

I had mine done at Les Schwab, same deal. They provided a printout of
the before and after data, with the specs for comparison. Being a
technical type, I like seeing what was wrong and how well it came out
compared to specs.

And the acid test- it drove great afterwards. As you said, the price
was quite reasonable. I used to take it to a place that did good work,
but was expensive.
-Paul

Old November 11th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
oklaman

Unfortunately, in the Dallas area, we don't have the two above mentioned
shops.

I used Sears last time, but not sure I really trust them.
> wrote in message
oups.com...