warranty question

Old January 7th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
oklaman

Default warranty question

My 2000 Limited V8 has been a little hard to start a couple of times.
Instead of just firing up, it just kinds of putts/misses, then dies again.
It has only happened a couple of times.

From reading past posts, it sounds like the IAC valve may need cleaning or
replacement.

The vehicle has a little less than 80K miles and was purchased new. It has
extended warranty protection until about May 2007 (7 yr/100K miles). It
isn't a Ford warranty, but the company has been OK for claims that I've had
in the past (nothing major). The warranty is fairly comprehensive as to
what is covered.

I could probably clean and/or replace the IAC valve myself, but if it was a
warranty item I would just as soon let the dealer handle it. Of course, I
do not know for sure if the IAC valve is the culprit. Most of the time, the
car starts and runs fine.

Would an extended warranty normally cover the IAC valve if it needed
replacement? I expect a dealer would replace rather than clean the IAC
valve.

Old January 7th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
oklaman

follow up-the car has 80000 miles and hasn't had any tune ups performed. It
is a 2WD with most power options.
"oklaman" > wrote in message ...
My 2000 Limited V8 has been a little hard to start a couple of times.
Instead of just firing up, it just kinds of putts/misses, then dies again.
It has only happened a couple of times.

From reading past posts, it sounds like the IAC valve may need cleaning or

Old March 24th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
William Bramell

Default transmission

get the transmission checked now ....mine just went on my 2000 4x4 with only
58,000 miles
looking at a $2200.00 repair bill

"oklaman" > wrote in message ...
> My 2000 Limited V8 has been a little hard to start a couple of times.
> Instead of just firing up, it just kinds of putts/misses, then dies again.
> It has only happened a couple of times.
>
> From reading past posts, it sounds like the IAC valve may need cleaning or
> replacement.
>
> The vehicle has a little less than 80K miles and was purchased new. It
> has
> extended warranty protection until about May 2007 (7 yr/100K miles). It
> isn't a Ford warranty, but the company has been OK for claims that I've
> had
> in the past (nothing major). The warranty is fairly comprehensive as to
> what is covered.
>
> I could probably clean and/or replace the IAC valve myself, but if it was
> warranty item I would just as soon let the dealer handle it. Of course, I
> do not know for sure if the IAC valve is the culprit. Most of the time,
> the
> car starts and runs fine.
>
> Would an extended warranty normally cover the IAC valve if it needed
> replacement? I expect a dealer would replace rather than clean the IAC
> valve.

Audi Extended Warranty [email protected] Audi 5 July 24th 06 01:58 AM
86 jeep cherokee laredo kwbacb Jeep 28 December 10th 05 07:31 PM
C5 problems (98 in particular) radar Corvette 12 January 3rd 05 10:04 PM
Warranty question DFS BMW 8 October 14th 04 03:57 PM