{{ OT }} Bodies ... the Exhibition

Old January 10th 08, 09:48 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Pink Freud©®

Default {{ OT }} Bodies ... the Exhibition

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:34:22 -0500, Wickeddoll wrote:

> "sharx35" ...
>>
>> "Wickeddoll" ...
>>>
>>> "Dave L"

>>> Gawd, autopsies used to gross me out - not because of the sights, but the
>>> sounds.
>>>
>>> This will disturb DBU, I'm sure, but something that's even worse is a
>>> cremation. At one point, the heat activates the nervous system, so the
>>> body starts a bunch of wild, involuntary (of course, since they're dead)
>>> movements. The body may actually sit up, and appear to be speaking.
>>> It's a horror show. Good thing the family doesn't usually witness it!
>>>
>>> *shudder*
>>>
>>> Natalie

>> In Alberta, the law requires that the body be in a closed container when
>> inserted into the crematory.
>>

> That's probably true here too, but that would burn a lot more quickly than
> bone, I would think.
>
> Natalie

The bone burns (turns to charcoal, basically, at 1400-1800 Fahrenheit),
but basically keeps its shape. The remains are frequently transferred to a
separate cylindrical container with hardened steel balls inside, and the
whole container is then rotated until the bone is broken down into very
small fragments.

--
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts
on the unthinking.

-John Maynard Keynes, economist (1883-1946)

Old January 10th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Pink Freud©®

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 23:09:29 -0800, L.W.(ßill)Hughes III wrote:

> Thanks God for Jeep, the ones made by Willys, and Ford.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
>
> http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

Another dumbass comment made by the resident dumbass.

Old January 10th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Pink Freud©®

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:35:36 +0000, Pink Freud©® wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 23:06:22 -0800, L.W.(ßill)Hughes III wrote:
>
>> A young Canadian soldier was attending some college courses between
>> assignments
>>
>> He had also completed missions in Afghanistan.
>>
>> One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist. One day the
>> professor shocked the class when he came in. He Looked to the ceiling and
>> flatly stated, 'God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this
>> platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes.'
>>
>> The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by
>> and the professor proclaimed, 'Here I am God. I'm still waiting.' It got
>> down to the last couple of minutes when the young soldier got out of his
>> Chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the
>> platform. The professor was out cold. The young man went back to his seat
>> and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat
>> there looking on in silence.
>>
>> The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the soldier
>> and asked, 'What the hell is the matter with! you? Why did you do that?'
>>
>> Came the reply,
>>
>> 'God was too busy today protecting our soldiers who are protecting your
>> right to talk stupid and act like an asshole. So, He sent me'

> Untrue folktale; dates to at least 1820 Pennsylvania.
>
> Original 'kicker' was for g0d to keep a piece of chalk from breaking when
> the professor dropped it.
>
> Funny story that never happened.

Make that 1920 Pennsylvania.

Old January 11th 08, 12:11 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Wickeddoll[_2_]

"Pink Freud©®" <
, Wickeddoll wrote:

>> "sharx35" ...

>>> In Alberta, the law requires that the body be in a closed container when
>>> inserted into the crematory.
>>>

>> That's probably true here too, but that would burn a lot more quickly
>> than
>> bone, I would think.
>>
>> Natalie

> The bone burns (turns to charcoal, basically, at 1400-1800 Fahrenheit),
> but basically keeps its shape. The remains are frequently transferred to a
> separate cylindrical container with hardened steel balls inside, and the
> whole container is then rotated until the bone is broken down into very
> small fragments.

Ah, thanks.

Natalie

Old January 11th 08, 07:07 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
sharx35

"Pink Freud©®" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:34:22 -0500, Wickeddoll wrote:
>

>> "sharx35" ...
>>>
>>> "Wickeddoll" ...

>>> In Alberta, the law requires that the body be in a closed container when
>>> inserted into the crematory.
>>>

>> That's probably true here too, but that would burn a lot more quickly
>> than
>> bone, I would think.
>>
>> Natalie

> The bone burns (turns to charcoal, basically, at 1400-1800 Fahrenheit),
> but basically keeps its shape. The remains are frequently transferred to a
> separate cylindrical container with hardened steel balls inside, and the
> whole container is then rotated until the bone is broken down into very
> small fragments.

Then, and only then, are the "cremains" suitable for scattering. To not
pulverize them would create a situation where the scatterers of the ashes
would be freaked out.

Old January 31st 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Some Guy

L.W.(ßill)Hughes III wrote:
> A young Canadian soldier was attending some college courses between
> assignments
>
> He had also completed missions in Afghanistan.
>
> One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist. One day the
> professor shocked the class when he came in. He Looked to the ceiling and
> flatly stated, 'God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this
> platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes.'
>
> The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by
> and the professor proclaimed, 'Here I am God. I'm still waiting.' It got
> down to the last couple of minutes when the young soldier got out of his
> Chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the
> platform. The professor was out cold. The young man went back to his seat
> and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat
> there looking on in silence.
>
> The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the soldier
> and asked, 'What the hell is the matter with! you? Why did you do that?'
>
> Came the reply,
>
> 'God was too busy today protecting our soldiers who are protecting your
> right to talk stupid and act like an asshole. So, He sent me'

Uh, so you think a guy who attacks people for no reason and hears God
talking to him is a good role model? Good one, Hughesie.
Old January 31st 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Socks

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:46:00 -0800, Some Guy
> wrote:

>L.W.(ßill)Hughes III wrote:
>> A young Canadian soldier was attending some college courses between
>> assignments
>>
>> He had also completed missions in Afghanistan.
>>
>> One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist. One day the
>> professor shocked the class when he came in. He Looked to the ceiling and
>> flatly stated, 'God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this
>> platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes.'
>>
>> The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by
>> and the professor proclaimed, 'Here I am God. I'm still waiting.' It got
>> down to the last couple of minutes when the young soldier got out of his
>> Chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the
>> platform. The professor was out cold. The young man went back to his seat
>> and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat
>> there looking on in silence.
>>
>> The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the soldier
>> and asked, 'What the hell is the matter with! you? Why did you do that?'
>>
>> Came the reply,
>>
>> 'God was too busy today protecting our soldiers who are protecting your
>> right to talk stupid and act like an asshole. So, He sent me'
>>

>Uh, so you think a guy who attacks people for no reason and hears God
>talking to him is a good role model? Good one, Hughesie.

Well said.
I personally think that religion is a crutch for man kind and that
most people who buy into it are week minded.
Old February 6th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Some Guy

Socks wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:46:00 -0800, Some Guy
> > wrote:
>
>> L.W.(ßill)Hughes III wrote:
>>> A young Canadian soldier was attending some college courses between
>>> assignments
>>>
>>> He had also completed missions in Afghanistan.
>>>
>>> One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist. One day the
>>> professor shocked the class when he came in. He Looked to the ceiling and
>>> flatly stated, 'God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this
>>> platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes.'
>>>
>>> The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by
>>> and the professor proclaimed, 'Here I am God. I'm still waiting.' It got
>>> down to the last couple of minutes when the young soldier got out of his
>>> Chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the
>>> platform. The professor was out cold. The young man went back to his seat
>>> and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat
>>> there looking on in silence.
>>>
>>> The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the soldier
>>> and asked, 'What the hell is the matter with! you? Why did you do that?'
>>>
>>> Came the reply,
>>>
>>> 'God was too busy today protecting our soldiers who are protecting your
>>> right to talk stupid and act like an asshole. So, He sent me'
>>>

>> Uh, so you think a guy who attacks people for no reason and hears God
>> talking to him is a good role model? Good one, Hughesie.

> Well said.
> I personally think that religion is a crutch for man kind and that
> most people who buy into it are week minded.

I don't have a problem with religion, but I do have a problem with
people using religion to justify actions they shouldn't, this joke being
a case in point. And, for that matter, Hughes.