Diesel Liberty

Old April 6th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Diesel Liberty

I use to move the stuff to mix with that:
http://www.billhughes.com/white.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old April 6th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Well then, learn to take care of your machines like a fleet owner,
as diesel maintenance is extensive, you don't just chance a filter, oil
and go: http://www.billhughes.com/temp/VolvoVT880EngineD16.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old April 6th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

You're being an ass again, Bill.

Old April 6th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Matt, as long as you are using the fuel needed by our Real businessmen
for pleasure, you'll always be an a**hole in my book!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 6th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Ewan Scott wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 03:48:13 GMT, Mark Perrin >
> wrote:
>

>>Any experience with the diesel version? What's the mileage really like?
>>The consumer reports say not enough data. It's been around for a while
>>in Europe though so I'm also wondering what the life expectancy is.
>>

> Mine's a 2.5 CRD and I get just over 30mpg average.
>
> Can't say much more than that, except that in die-hard Land Rover
> Country there are quite a few around. Mine's a 2002 model but it only
> has 24,000 on the clock so feels like new still, so cannot comment on
> longevity, but I can't see any reason why it would be any worse than
> other Jeeps.
>
> Ewan Scott

Thanks! I'm curious how long you think it will last. I have a diesel
Jetta that I expect to drive for over 10 years. Based on fuel
consumption and price differential here, the engine doesn't pay out for
a long time. But if I can buy one vehicle in a 10 year period instead of
two, that makes a huge difference especially when inflation is low.

Mark
Old April 6th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Back when the American economy and productivity was the envy of the world we
equated smoke with prosperity.

Is it just a coincidence that the economy went down the tubes right after
the EPA was established?

I'm not condoning pollution either but just how are they going to install a
$300, 25 pound catalytic converter on my weed eater.

Old April 6th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Is that engine a real diesel or is it a lightweight automotive version?
Seems like if it's a real diesel the extra cost of the fuel might be
more than balanced out by longer life of the engine... it might even
last as long as the first 4.0 in my Cherokee!

Jeff DeWitt

Old April 6th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hi Bill,
You can bet China nor Mexico will never have to add that to their
cost of production.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 6th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Look around you, isn't every car made in the last ten years still
on the road? Even the Japanese cars, but that about it for them. Diesel
trucks payoff at about a million miles.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 6th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I don't know where you live, but diesel is a lot higher than
unleaded gasoline here in Kalifornia.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Jeff DeWitt wrote:

> Is that engine a real diesel or is it a lightweight automotive version?
> Seems like if it's a real diesel the extra cost of the fuel might be
> more than balanced out by longer life of the engine... it might even
> last as long as the first 4.0 in my Cherokee!
>
> Jeff DeWitt

Would the Liberty diesel fit a Wrangler? Bret Ludwig Jeep 6 July 26th 05 07:25 PM
Liberty Diesel Brian Jeep 23 March 31st 05 08:31 AM
Jeep Liberty diesel question Dan J.S. Jeep 11 January 23rd 05 12:29 PM
Any word on US versions of the diesel Jeep Liberty or diesel Land Rover Discovery? Exit 4x4 36 January 20th 04 04:12 PM