minivan hop-up?

Old February 8th 07, 02:51 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Ron Seiden

Default minivan hop-up?

I bought a 2004 Dodge Caravan for utilitarian reasons, but it doesn't mean
I've lost interest in "playing" with my cars. Dodge's website has links to
performance improving components for trucks and mini-cars, but nothing at
all for minivans. Are there any performance parts available for Dodge
Caravans, or is every Caravan driver relegated to being a "soccer mom"?

Old February 8th 07, 03:23 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
clare at snyder.on.ca

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 02:51:20 GMT, "Ron Seiden"
> wrote:

>I bought a 2004 Dodge Caravan for utilitarian reasons, but it doesn't mean
>I've lost interest in "playing" with my cars. Dodge's website has links to
>performance improving components for trucks and mini-cars, but nothing at
>all for minivans. Are there any performance parts available for Dodge
>Caravans, or is every Caravan driver relegated to being a "soccer mom"?

Depends on the engine - is it used in a car? Does the car have
performance parts?

Old February 8th 07, 03:59 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Wesley

I don't know about your 2004, but there's some great upgrades for a few
select old ones. See http://www.turbominivan.com/ for more info. :-)

I've often thought it would be fun to squeeze some more out of my 92 with a
3.2 v6. Sounds like that engine has lots of potential, but no one has done
anything with that particular varation of it... Oh well... Perhaps someone
here can offer us both some suggestions...

Wesley

Old February 9th 07, 03:14 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Ron Seiden

> On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 02:51:20 GMT, "Ron Seiden"
> > wrote:
>
>>I bought a 2004 Dodge Caravan for utilitarian reasons, but it doesn't mean
>>I've lost interest in "playing" with my cars. Dodge's website has links to
>>performance improving components for trucks and mini-cars, but nothing at
>>all for minivans. Are there any performance parts available for Dodge
>>Caravans, or is every Caravan driver relegated to being a "soccer mom"?
>>

> Depends on the engine - is it used in a car? Does the car have
> performance parts?

It's the standard EFI 3.3L V-6.
I was hoping I could find not only engine stuff (good exhaust system, maybe
even with headers, better intake/filter, etc.) but also more performance
oriented suspension stuff like stiffer shocks, bushings, etc. It seems one
can't even find high performance engine/tranny control chips like what are
available for so many trucks.

GM joins Ford in jettisoning the minivan market Just Facts Chrysler 123 December 30th 06 07:17 PM
MFFY in a Minivan Jim Yanik Driving 9 September 2nd 06 02:16 AM
What's Up With These Minivan Drivers? Scott en Aztlán Driving 14 November 21st 05 02:30 PM
Tricked out minivan Islander Chrysler 1 August 15th 05 10:59 AM
MFFY Sloth in minivan Alexander Rogge Driving 1 March 12th 05 06:20 PM