OT-translation please ! US to UK

Old April 21st 05, 04:00 AM
Joey Tribiani

"ThaDriver" <imangeloneAThotmailDOTcom@> wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> REDNECK - basicly someone who is prejudice.

what a load of ****.....at least learn what a redneck is before *trying* to
teach someone else what it is....

Old April 21st 05, 04:06 AM
Kidd Andersson

Actually, the Northern equivalent of a redneck is often referred to as a
Hillbilly, or a ho-billy as my family calls... umm.. themselves for some
reason.
My brother is a redneck. My cousins are mostly hillbilly. The
difference? My brother was raised in the south. My cousins were raised
in the north. I'm a... well I'm just a freak of nature.

K.

Old April 21st 05, 04:13 AM
Tim Rogers

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> since when did Virginia up and *move* to the "north"?

...............Alright Chris!

Since you're now one of us, you can stop eating those moonpies.

Old April 21st 05, 04:16 AM
MUADIB®

>what a load of ****.....at least learn what a redneck is before *trying* to
>teach someone else what it is....

Come one Dood.........we both know what one is, and we both know it
take one to know how to splain it.............He's just a kid. He'll
catch on one day................

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Old April 21st 05, 05:01 AM
John Willis

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:26:50 GMT, tricky >
scribbled this interesting note:

>What exactly is REDNECK ?

Rednecks come in all kinds of social strata. I happen to have, for
much of the year, a red neck since I often work outdoors. Some have
stated that rednecks are prejudiced. Many are. Many aren't. Redneck is
a southern US term for a kind of persona found all over the world.
'Round these parts I often call 'em Bubbas. Rednecks are usually
polite, they sometimes have quaint tendencies such as the habit of
opening doors for the ladies (or women, as many ladies prefer to be
called), they often have strong opinions (some rightfully earned, some
not)-in short they are much like everyone else, and oftentimes just as
misunderstood. But don't feel sorry for rednecks. Just like everyone
else, they are free to change their ways...if they want to!:~)

>What Specificly when compared to SHAG ! >

You don't need any help in deciding what kind of person Shag is. Have
you seen the pictures? Ask him about that hot pot of neck bones that
just about grossed out a lot of folks in ramva (not me, I thought they
looked tasty!:~)

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old April 21st 05, 05:15 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Tim Rogers" > wrote in message
> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
> >
> > since when did Virginia up and *move* to the "north"?
> >

> ..............Alright Chris!
>
> Since you're now one of us, you can stop eating those moonpies.

i don't like moonpies...

Old April 21st 05, 05:51 AM
Sneaks

Ok, a redneck is open to interpretation but generally is someone of limited
education or class, who thinks a doublewide is a palace, a '68 Impala on
blocks is lawn art, that Dale Earnhart sits at the hand of God (or is God,
depending on if you were a fan of his before he died or not), and flannel
and a can of Skoal is a fashion statement. For more details, listen to Jeff
Foxworthy. Rednecks are NOT a regional thing.
Now a Yankee, that is a different story. Outside the US, all Americans are
Yankees. In the US, people born and raised above the Mason-Dixon line and
adhere to certain "Yankee" traditions...tight with money, suspect of anyone
NOT a Yankee, and possesses a certain smugness about living in the area of
the birth of the nation... are Yankees.
Hillbillies are simple folk, watch Nick @ Nite for more details. Hillbillies
are as far as I know, a Southern thing too. Hillbillies in the North are
called "hicks." People who are from the southern North (confused yet?) and
want to act like they own the world are called "flatlanders."
Mineral spirits are things like turpentine, paint thinner, etc.
Gas (petrol) this week is running $2.15 for 87 octane, $2.45 for 93 octane
at my local Irving station. We spell tyres with an "i" but some pronounce it
"tars." Those big things that carry things are trucks, not lorries. Lorries
are attractive blonde country singers.
I think that is it.

Sneaks
'68 Type 1

Old April 21st 05, 09:00 AM
tricky

Arhh ! We know about the beverly hillbilly's over here ! ;-)

Rich

Old April 21st 05, 09:03 AM
tricky

arrh (again ) wondered where the "red" "neck" came from !

Old April 21st 05, 09:09 AM
tricky

Yeah - it was bug adventures that made me want to clarify what rednecks
thought of themselves !

I guess if I were in the US, I would fit in nicely as a redneck (from
what I have read so far ). I tend to think of myself as having an
alternative lifestyle !

Rich