Part out or sell complete

Old January 24th 10, 10:55 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
George Csahanin[_2_]

Default Part out or sell complete

Hi all. I'm getting the itch to sell my 92 LT-1. Been a good car, just never
drive it, except once a week to charge battery, and someone may have a use
for it.

So I'm just looking for input on this, should I look to part it out by
selling to someone who does that? Or sell complete? It has 143000 miles, new
opti and water pump. Needs brake job soon, has new computer, tires still
have good meat, paint is fair though clear coat failing on drivers door.
Headlights getting flaky and now leaking power steering fluid.

Anyone think I can get $6K?

Its been here in the Texas sunshine all of its life, I have had it since
1997 100,000 miles ago.

GeorgeC
Cedar Park, TX

georgec at dyb dot com

Old January 24th 10, 05:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"George Csahanin" > wrote in message
> Hi all. I'm getting the itch to sell my 92 LT-1. Been a good car, just
> never
> drive it, except once a week to charge battery, and someone may have a use
> for it.

Try to sell it for 5-6k and pray... it takes a lot of effort to part out a
car. And it's just "wrong" to kill a good car.

-W

Old January 25th 10, 04:41 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
George Csahanin

"Clams Canino" > wrote in message
m...

> "George Csahanin" > wrote in message
>> Hi all. I'm getting the itch to sell my 92 LT-1. Been a good car, just
>> never
>> drive it, except once a week to charge battery, and someone may have a
>> use
>> for it.

> Try to sell it for 5-6k and pray... it takes a lot of effort to part out
> a car. And it's just "wrong" to kill a good car.
>
> -W

And its been a good friend. A local conveniance store clerk has taken a
liking to it, when I drive it in he refers to it as "his" Vette, and said he
wants to buy it. I was actually going to offer it for $6K, so maybe that can
work. But its been a part of me for 13 years. I might do some fixup if I'd
lose the gut...that's another matter.

GeorgeC