problem with my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 lights

Old December 8th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Chiapet

Default problem with my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 lights

I am having a problem with my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 lights. ,
where I cannot get them to turn off

For the most part if I only use the driver and passenger doors the lights
turn off normally. It seems that if I open any of the doors (or the back
window), (but not all the time), I cannot get the interior lights to turn
off. If I switch the auto switch to off then use the interior light slider
and turn it off and on , many times I can get the lights to turn off again.
When I lock the doors my understanding is it is supposed to turn them all
off.. I have left them on and they have turned off themselves before after
about 5 minutes, other times they have stayed on!! going in and starting
the vehicle will turn them off sometimes, other times I need to drive with
them on and screw with the switches to get them to go off .

all door sensors appear to be working properly (and showing on the display).
and this doesnt happen all the time! very difficult to narrow down, does
anyone have any suggestions???? lights in doors turn off, its the top ones
by the sunroof and in the back roof that dont turn off all the time

thanks!
chiapet at chiaweb dot net

Old April 21st 18, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
KYJ111

I have same issue with 1998 Grand Cherokee. Did you ever get an snswer?
Old April 22nd 18, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Sam Stone

KYJ111 wrote: I have same issue with 1998 Grand Cherokee. Did you ever get an snswer?
bad blower motor resistor, part #4720046. He replaced it for $127.05 parts and $77 labor. <<<
Read the motorsforum . com link in miner aaron's post.. I searched that part number and found the
resistor several places for $30.00 N joy N joy