NASCAR 2003 CD KEY NEEDED

Old September 27th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default NASCAR 2003 CD KEY NEEDED

Hello
About two weeks ago, Hurricane Ike managed to sweep through our
region of the country. In doing so, it blew a tree branch down and it
crashed through a corner of our home opening it to the elements.

This was to my office and it literally blew everything in my
ROLODEX file to all corners of the globe ---- never to be found again.

I am in the process of trying to replace the very important
papers and contact information in the ROLODEX file, but cannot find
the CD KEY to my NASCAR 2003 simulation.

I have attempted to contact PAPYRUS but do not have a good
contact method ----- if they even exist at all these days.

I bought this simulation when it was new and have a computer with
WIN98SE to run it on --- but I need to reinstall it and need a KEY to
get this done.

Can someone assist me in telling me where I can get a KEY to this
simulation --- or supply me with one?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Doug H
Old September 27th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
murph1012[_2_]

> wrote in message
>
> Hello
> About two weeks ago, Hurricane Ike managed to sweep through our
> region of the country. In doing so, it blew a tree branch down and it
> crashed through a corner of our home opening it to the elements.
>
> This was to my office and it literally blew everything in my
> ROLODEX file to all corners of the globe ---- never to be found again.
>
> I am in the process of trying to replace the very important
> papers and contact information in the ROLODEX file, but cannot find
> the CD KEY to my NASCAR 2003 simulation.
>
> I have attempted to contact PAPYRUS but do not have a good
> contact method ----- if they even exist at all these days.
>
> I bought this simulation when it was new and have a computer with
> WIN98SE to run it on --- but I need to reinstall it and need a KEY to
> get this done.
>
> Can someone assist me in telling me where I can get a KEY to this
> simulation --- or supply me with one?
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Doug H

Here you can have mine as I never use the game anymore and the CD got
stepped on...

FOAD-U9U3-FUB4-DUB0-****

Have Phun...

Old September 27th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

> Can someone assist me in telling me where I can get a KEY to this
> simulation --- or supply me with one?

There is a generic cd-key that will let you install the game:

RAB2-RAB2-RAB2-RAB2-8869

It didn't work for Sierra online, but now with the partial server shutdown,
I don't know what current situation is. For non-Sierra TCP-IP play via public
servers it's not an issue.

To save wear and tear on the cd-rom, you can use the "no-cd" version after
you install NR2003. Considering that Ebay sellers are asking over $100 for
new copies of NR2003, there is a legitimate reason for minimizing usage
of the cd-rom.

The Sierra server used to do a checksum on the game, but that only occurred
when you signed in, which allowed a work-around for the "no-cd" version.
On Windows XP, a batch file that runs the "no-cd" version, then renames
that version to something else, and then renames the original version to
nr2003.exe works just fine. Using nr2003n.exe for the no-cd version and
nr2003c.exe for the original cd version, place a batch file with these
lines into your NR2003 game directory, and then create a link to it in
the programs folder for NR2003:

if not exist nr2003c.exe ren nr2003.exe nr2003c.exe
if not exist nr2003n.exe ren nr2003.exe nr2003n.exe
ren nr2003n.exe nr2003.exe
start nr2003.exe
ren nr2003.exe nr2003n.exe
ren nr2003c.exe nr2003.exe

The only XP specific command here is the "start" command which launches NR2003
in parallel, while the batch file continues to run to rename files then exits.

Orignally players <alt> <tab>'ed out of the game to rename files, but the
XP batch file simplfied this.

Old August 14th 18, 11:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

God bless you:
It doesn't need to be that fancy though:

I had an HD burnout on my deceased computer, I was able to rescue some of the files to my current machine, including all the game files, I still own the cd, but the cover with the code is nowhere to be found. Since simply moving the files in place does me no good for a proper installation is needed, I desperately needed the key. Thanks, a lot guys!
Old November 28th 19, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
L Thompson

On Friday, 26 September 2008 19:25:35 UTC-5, wrote:
> Hello
> About two weeks ago, Hurricane Ike managed to sweep through our
> region of the country. In doing so, it blew a tree branch down and it
> crashed through a corner of our home opening it to the elements.
>
> This was to my office and it literally blew everything in my
> ROLODEX file to all corners of the globe ---- never to be found again.
>
> I am in the process of trying to replace the very important
> papers and contact information in the ROLODEX file, but cannot find
> the CD KEY to my NASCAR 2003 simulation.

I used XUP6-FEB4-CEX9-JUS3-8928