Group dead?

Old October 16th 18, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Group dead?

Can someone play "Taps" over it please?

I blame Mazda, the first two versions of the Miata were more than cars,
they were almost like family pets, not always well behaved but lovable!

The third generation is a MUCH better car but.. a car amd nothing more
than a car. <SIGH>

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old October 17th 18, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Robert Klemme

On 16.10.18 20:23, XS11E wrote:

> I blame Mazda, the first two versions of the Miata were more than cars,
> they were almost like family pets, not always well behaved but lovable!
>
> The third generation is a MUCH better car but.. a car amd nothing more
> than a car. <SIGH>

What about the fourth generation? I personally own an NC (3rd gen) and
love it. I find this great.

Cheers

robert

Old October 17th 18, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Robert Klemme > wrote:

> On 16.10.18 20:23, XS11E wrote:
>
>> I blame Mazda, the first two versions of the Miata were more than
>> cars, they were almost like family pets, not always well behaved
>> but lovable!
>>
>> The third generation is a MUCH better car but.. a car amd nothing
>> more than a car. <SIGH>

> What about the fourth generation? I personally own an NC (3rd
> gen) and love it. I find this great.

Don't know anything about the forth generation, lost interest after
driving the NC. As I said, to me it was a really GREAT car, way better
than previous generations but..... no soul? Nothing to love. A car,
no more, no less. Maybe to be lovable a car needs some warts and
blemishes?

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old October 18th 18, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
lorivanb

replying to XS11E, lorivanb wrote:
I hope not because I have my first question: Water is leaking into the
compartment below where the spare tire sits. There is NO water anywhere in
the trunk, including all the junk I have in there, or on the carpet cover
itself. Any ideas?

--
for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/mazda-mi...ead-25303-.htm

Old October 18th 18, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Robert Klemme

On 18.10.18 14:18, lorivanb wrote:
> replying to XS11E, lorivanb wrote:
> I hope not because I have my first question:Â* Water is leaking into the
> compartment below where the spare tire sits.Â* There is NO water anywhere in
> the trunk, including all the junk I have in there, or on the carpet cover
> itself.Â* Any ideas?

I do not know that model, but it sounds like it could be the drains from
the roof.

All the best

robert

Old October 18th 18, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Robert Klemme

On 17.10.18 23:16, XS11E wrote:
> Robert Klemme > wrote:
>
>> On 16.10.18 20:23, XS11E wrote:
>>
>>> I blame Mazda, the first two versions of the Miata were more than
>>> cars, they were almost like family pets, not always well behaved
>>> but lovable!
>>>
>>> The third generation is a MUCH better car but.. a car amd nothing
>>> more than a car. <SIGH>

>> What about the fourth generation? I personally own an NC (3rd
>> gen) and love it. I find this great.

> Don't know anything about the forth generation, lost interest after
> driving the NC. As I said, to me it was a really GREAT car, way better
> than previous generations but..... no soul? Nothing to love. A car,
> no more, no less. Maybe to be lovable a car needs some warts and
> blemishes?

Yeah, could be. I am known for liking cars that work. I am not so much
in mechanics and repairing. :-) But then again, I generally try to get
rid of attachments. But that is another story.

Regards

robert
Old October 20th 18, 06:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen[_2_]

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 11:23:54 -0700, XS11E wrote:

> Can someone play "Taps" over it please?
>
> I blame Mazda, the first two versions of the Miata were more than cars,
> they were almost like family pets, not always well behaved but lovable!
>
> The third generation is a MUCH better car but.. a car and nothing more
> than a car. <SIGH>

Having owned all four generations of Miata (including two of the NB, 2nd
gen, I agree that the NC, third gen, was a good car, and definitely *not*
exciting. But I disagree strongly that the third generation was a
*better* car. It was more reliable than my NA, first gen, but that was
just because my NA had been heavily modified and seen some tough
circumstances, including the dirt on the Cassiar. (And maybe just had a
bad timing belt.)

My ND, 4th gen, Miata is again very nice. (Here I am ignoring the obnoxious
electronics gadgets, which, though less obnoxious than other recent vintage
cars I have driven, including an extremely obnoxious BMW mini, are still
really, really, obnoxious.) I think the ND is quite exciting again.

Then again, I know at least one person who really likes the NC and auto-crosses
it. (As did I when I had one, but only because it put me in CS rather than
in BSP as my second gen grey Mazdaspeed did.)

Leon
Old October 20th 18, 06:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen[_2_]

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 17:32:58 +0200, Robert Klemme wrote:

> On 18.10.18 14:18, lorivanb wrote:
>> replying to XS11E, lorivanb wrote:
>> I hope not because I have my first question:Â* Water is leaking into the
>> compartment below where the spare tire sits.Â* There is NO water anywhere in
>> the trunk, including all the junk I have in there, or on the carpet cover
>> itself.Â* Any ideas?

> I do not know that model, but it sounds like it could be the drains from
> the roof.

I would think so too. The model is obviously the NB, as the NC and ND do
not have spare tires, and only the NB has it below the trunk. I believe the
water that comes off the rear soft top area is ducted internally to holes
in the bottom of the car. I think there are instructions somewhere on
miata.net for how to clear those drain holes. They have some rubber
one-way valves that you do not want to upset. My NC did. (And since
I did not manage to clear the holes from the inside top area, I cleared them
from the bottom of the car anyway, one-way valves be damned.)

Leon
Old October 22nd 18, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
MarkA

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 11:23:54 -0700, XS11E wrote:

> Can someone play "Taps" over it please?
>
> I blame Mazda, the first two versions of the Miata were more than cars,
> they were almost like family pets, not always well behaved but lovable!
>
> The third generation is a MUCH better car but.. a car amd nothing more
> than a car. <SIGH>

I have an NA that I race. It is not street legal. There's LOTS of NAs
and NBs on the track, every weekend. But most of the chatter is on web-
based forums. I still have a soft spot for Usenet.

--
MarkA

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are
putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. -- Mark Twain

Dead 159 Simon Mason Alfa Romeo 22 November 29th 09 04:19 PM
1996 Integra dash clock dead, head unit dead Chewy Honda 1 March 20th 06 02:16 AM
1997 SC2 Completely Dead, No Power, Not Dead Battery getjer1 Saturn 10 November 18th 05 05:05 AM
Dead Hot Smegggg (John) VW air cooled 5 January 26th 05 02:32 AM
Dead car Lee3333 Saturn 2 August 27th 04 02:16 AM