2007 Grand Cherokee, r.p.m/speedometer needles bounce back and forth

Old July 12th 14, 09:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Ralph[_7_]

Default 2007 Grand Cherokee, r.p.m/speedometer needles bounce back and forth

2007 grand Cherokee speedometer/rpm gauges needles
bounce back and forth.Sometimes airbag light in
dash comes on.The windows act funny,the turn
signal in dash sometimes works and sometimes does
not.All types of in instrument panel does weird
things.Can never pin point on computer because it
does not do it when computer is hooked up tp
vehicle.

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/jeep/2007...-a-134812-.htm

Old July 12th 14, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_4_]

Ralph wrote:
> 2007 grand Cherokee speedometer/rpm gauges needles
> bounce back and forth.Sometimes airbag light in
> dash comes on.The windows act funny,the turn
> signal in dash sometimes works and sometimes does
> not.All types of in instrument panel does weird
> things.Can never pin point on computer because it
> does not do it when computer is hooked up tp
> vehicle.

Bad connector or broken wires.
No easy solution apart from slowly checking all the cables and connectors.
All that stuff is connected on a vehicle bus. The problem could be anywhere
along those wires. I'd start by looking at the driver door connection.

--
DougW

Old July 17th 14, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
firebottle

On Sat, 12 Jul 2014 16:45:44 -0500, "DougW"
> wrote:

>Ralph wrote:
>> 2007 grand Cherokee speedometer/rpm gauges needles
>> bounce back and forth.Sometimes airbag light in
>> dash comes on.The windows act funny,the turn
>> signal in dash sometimes works and sometimes does
>> not.All types of in instrument panel does weird
>> things.Can never pin point on computer because it
>> does not do it when computer is hooked up tp
>> vehicle.

>Bad connector or broken wires.
>No easy solution apart from slowly checking all the cables and connectors.
>All that stuff is connected on a vehicle bus. The problem could be anywhere
>along those wires. I'd start by looking at the driver door connection.

Yep, bad connections or broken wires. If the power windows are acting
up the first thing I would check is the ground wire in the wiring
bundle in the drivers door and in the rubber 'boot'. NOTE This ground
is NOT a chassis ground !!