iRacing - My slant

Old October 6th 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

Default iRacing - My slant

Please tell me what series you race in so I can tune in to watch! I
race RL amatuer (Porsche Club and NASA) and I wouldn't look down my
nose at ANY form of professional car racing.

GR

Old October 6th 09, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

jelloshooter69 wrote:

> thats awesome but also not really racing imo, vw diesel 100 hp fwd
> cars at 80 mph? can get that at a rental counter of any major airport
> and near any major interstate? j/k

Doesn't sound the most exciting race car for sure, although you have
sold the Jetta powerplant 70bhp short - it is 170bhp ~140mph

The racing though is as real as any other form of motor racing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD7PowR9GlE

Old October 7th 09, 11:57 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jelloshooter69

On Oct 6, 3:16*pm, Tony R >
wrote:
> jelloshooter69 wrote:
> > thats awesome but also not really racing imo, vw diesel 100 hp fwd
> > cars at 80 mph? can get that at a rental counter of any major airport
> > and near any major *interstate? *j/k

> Doesn't sound the most exciting race car for sure, although you have
> sold the Jetta powerplant 70bhp short - it is 170bhp ~140mph
>
> The racing though is as real as any other form of motor racing:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD7PowR9GlE

wooo hooo, looks exciting not, blah rather watch "biggest loser".
speaking of which Jack B has cost iponzi more signups than anything
else http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...=338844&page=5 ,
searching for info his stupid posts come up a lot in google. customer
should get a refund no reason they can't @ worse a month should be
kept and 11 months refunded. jack b should be told to ride off
somewhere a joke!
Old October 8th 09, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"jelloshooter69" > wrote in message
> On Oct 6, 3:16 pm, Tony R >
> wrote:
>> jelloshooter69 wrote:
>> > thats awesome but also not really racing imo, vw diesel 100 hp fwd
>> > cars at 80 mph? can get that at a rental counter of any major airport
>> > and near any major interstate? j/k

>> Doesn't sound the most exciting race car for sure, although you have
>> sold the Jetta powerplant 70bhp short - it is 170bhp ~140mph
>>
>> The racing though is as real as any other form of motor racing:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD7PowR9GlE

> wooo hooo, looks exciting not, blah rather watch "biggest loser".
> speaking of which Jack B has cost iponzi more signups than anything
> else http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...=338844&page=5 ,
> searching for info his stupid posts come up a lot in google. customer
> should get a refund no reason they can't @ worse a month should be
> kept and 11 months refunded. jack b should be told to ride off
> somewhere a joke!

I'm no fan of this practice but "iPonzi" is simply an incorrect analogy
anyway.

Whatever anyone thinks, there is a post by a person (fellow Aussie in
fact) being recently auto billed for 12 months sitting on the iRacing forums
since Sept 29 culminating in the following today from Tim -

"Right now we send emails to people who have auto renew enabled 2 weeks
before their payment is due. We also email those who disabled auto renew to
ask them to renew manually. Lastly, we also email those who did not renew to
ask them back. Just recently got the capability to do this, but everyone
should be aware now if they're not blocking our domains emails."

In any case, some seemed to like things as it was -

"Note to self...select 'autobill' and tell the wife...ooops...sorry about
that...hehehe."

In a month there will be private servers - how will they bash iRacing
then?

Old October 8th 09, 07:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

>> speaking of which Jack B has cost iponzi more signups than anything
>> else http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...=338844&page=5 ,

> Whatever anyone thinks, there is a post by a person (fellow Aussie
> in fact) being recently auto billed for 12 months sitting on the
> iRacing forums since Sept 29 culminating in the following today from
> Tim -

> "Right now we send emails to people who have auto renew enabled 2 weeks
> before their payment is due."

Has iRacing always sent out these auto-renewal email notices? If so, then
why the complaints, the "iracing ripoff" thread here, the jack b thread
above, and now some Aussie guy?

Then again, why have auto-renewal at all, especially for the yearly
subscriptions? The players that like the game are going to renew anyway,
and it's only going to create complaints from the players that didn't
want to auto-renew.

Old October 8th 09, 08:32 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David G Fisher's Left Testicle

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message
"jelloshooter69" > wrote in message
> On Oct 6, 3:16 pm, Tony R >
> wrote:
>> jelloshooter69 wrote:
>> > thats awesome but also not really racing imo, vw diesel 100 hp fwd
>> > cars at 80 mph? can get that at a rental counter of any major airport
>> > and near any major interstate? j/k

>> Doesn't sound the most exciting race car for sure, although you have
>> sold the Jetta powerplant 70bhp short - it is 170bhp ~140mph
>>
>> The racing though is as real as any other form of motor racing:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD7PowR9GlE

> wooo hooo, looks exciting not, blah rather watch "biggest loser".
> speaking of which Jack B has cost iponzi more signups than anything
> else http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...=338844&page=5 ,
> searching for info his stupid posts come up a lot in google. customer
> should get a refund no reason they can't @ worse a month should be
> kept and 11 months refunded. jack b should be told to ride off
> somewhere a joke!

> In a month there will be private servers - how will they bash iRacing
> then?

They will find a way.

Old October 8th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"jeffareid" > wrote in message
>>> speaking of which Jack B has cost iponzi more signups than anything
>>> else http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...=338844&page=5 ,

>> Whatever anyone thinks, there is a post by a person (fellow Aussie
>> in fact) being recently auto billed for 12 months sitting on the
>> iRacing forums since Sept 29 culminating in the following today from
>> Tim -

>> "Right now we send emails to people who have auto renew enabled 2 weeks
>> before their payment is due."

> Has iRacing always sent out these auto-renewal email notices? If so, then
> why the complaints, the "iracing ripoff" thread here, the jack b thread
> above, and now some Aussie guy?

No, this is no doubt a reaction to recent complaints. A refund was asked
for but so far it looks like that wont happen.

Old October 9th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

>>> else http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...=338844&page=5
>> Has iRacing always sent out these auto-renewal email notices?

> No, this is no doubt a reaction to recent complaints.

Looking at that thread and doing a web search, it seems that a few states
(USA) require (consumer law) these notices. Then again, being a consumer
law, there's seldom any fine or other risk, since minor infractions tend
to get ignored, other than the person usually may a refund, if that person
lives in one of those few locations that even have such a law.

Then again, maybe it was due to the thread here and the Jack B thread,
and the negative publicity.

Regardless of the reason, they're sending out notices now, so problem
solved for any future auto-renewals. Would be nice if that guy got
a refund though.

Old October 9th 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Would it ****! He should have been more on the ball.

Old October 17th 09, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Niles Anders[_1_]

>Sim racing is a sport unto itself bozo!<

Not sport .... game.

Day 28 in the Big iRacing house <-- warning, long and about iRacing Andrew MacPherson Simulators 29 October 1st 08 08:54 AM
slant 6 static timing Jeff[_5_] Dodge 2 June 24th 07 03:09 PM
rebuilding slant 6 engine njot Chrysler 16 May 18th 07 06:26 PM
rebuilding a slant 6 engine njot Chrysler 1 May 16th 07 05:36 PM
Slant Six in Jeep? Bret Ludwig Jeep 20 September 22nd 05 08:23 PM