cuhulin: need some movie advice

Old July 31st 10, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Default cuhulin: need some movie advice

two good films. Which one do I watch?

Pork Chop hill, with Gregory Peck

or

The Notorious Bettie Page, with a girl who lokks like Bettie baring 'em?

Decisions, decisions...

Old July 31st 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:36:04 -0400, Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:

> two good films. Which one do I watch?
>
> Pork Chop hill, with Gregory Peck
>
> or
>
> The Notorious Bettie Page, with a girl who lokks like Bettie baring 'em?
>
> Decisions, decisions...

Hmmm...he must be watching the Bettie Page movie...

Old July 31st 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I am watching Bicentennial Man on the EWAM channel.
cuhulin

Old July 31st 10, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:32:52 -0500, cuhulin wrote:

> I am watching Bicentennial Man on the EWAM channel.
> cuhulin

Good flick. But why "Bicentennial Man"? It was taken directly from "I,
Robot", while the movie by that name had NOTHING to do with the original
story!

Old July 31st 10, 10:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= > wrote:
>On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:32:52 -0500, cuhulin wrote:
>
>> I am watching Bicentennial Man on the EWAM channel.
>> cuhulin

>Good flick. But why "Bicentennial Man"? It was taken directly from "I,
>Robot", while the movie by that name had NOTHING to do with the original
>story!

I rather liked it.... it wasn't quite the story of Andy but aside from the
title it was fairly close to Asimov's original intentions in the stories it
was adapted from, and that's a lot.

If you are an Asimov fan, there is a half-hour adaptation of "The Ugly Little
Boy" that was done by PBS in the early seventies and actually is one of the
best adaptations around in my opinion.
--scott

The Betty Page film was not too bad, but Joe Bob would definitely give it
the thumbs down for showing a lot less than it promised....

Old July 31st 10, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

What it is, I had never watched the Bicentennial Man movie before.It
turned out to be an A Okay movie.I guess.
cuhulin

Old August 1st 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 17:08:33 -0400, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= > wrote:
>>On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:32:52 -0500, cuhulin wrote:
>>
>>> I am watching Bicentennial Man on the EWAM channel.
>>> cuhulin

>>Good flick. But why "Bicentennial Man"? It was taken directly from "I,
>>Robot", while the movie by that name had NOTHING to do with the original
>>story!

> I rather liked it.... it wasn't quite the story of Andy but aside from the
> title it was fairly close to Asimov's original intentions in the stories it
> was adapted from, and that's a lot.
>
> If you are an Asimov fan, there is a half-hour adaptation of "The Ugly Little
> Boy" that was done by PBS in the early seventies and actually is one of the
> best adaptations around in my opinion.
> --scott
>
> The Betty Page film was not too bad, but Joe Bob would definitely give it
> the thumbs down for showing a lot less than it promised....

I dunno...I got an eyeful!

Old August 1st 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 17:57:05 -0500, cuhulin wrote:

> What it is, I had never watched the Bicentennial Man movie before.It
> turned out to be an A Okay movie.I guess.
> cuhulin

Certainly was a good role for Mork!

Old August 2nd 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= >
wrote in news
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:32:52 -0500, cuhulin wrote:
>
>> I am watching Bicentennial Man on the EWAM channel.
>> cuhulin

> Good flick. But why "Bicentennial Man"? It was taken directly from "I,
> Robot", while the movie by that name had NOTHING to do with the
> original story!

No, sorry. It was taken from *another* Asimov robot story/series. There
were assorted short stories of his that didn't fit into the two major
ones: the "robot" books: I Robot and so on, There was the Daneel Olivaw
and Elijah Bailey (a cop from earth) stories and then the two latter
were connected to his Foundation series in his later books. Bicentenial
Man was a book of short stories (including the title short story) he
wrote (he wrote over 360 books in his lifetime, using all 10 divisions
of the Dewey decimal system possibly a world record for a writer). The
exact title of the book was: The Bicentennial Man and other stories.
According to my copy the LoC number is:ISBN-0-449-23573-4. BTW the I, Robot
Movie had nothing to do with the stories either - aside from a somewhat
more striking version of Susan Calvin than Isaac would have cast. The
I Robot stories were four (?) books of short stories.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old August 3rd 10, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Didn't Orange County Choppers build an I Robot motorcycle?
cuhulin

ATTN Cuhulin...and other movie fans Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_] Technology 11 August 2nd 10 04:27 AM
hey cuhulin Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_] Technology 3 March 20th 10 02:28 PM
for cuhulin Nate Nagel[_2_] Technology 1 April 14th 08 01:09 AM
Cuhulin's a pedophile Roadie Technology 0 November 18th 07 08:26 PM
AWESOME MOVIE! << I found this movie link in an AOL chatroom.It is based on real evidence and I give it a big thumbs-up. SSJVCmag Driving 2 April 12th 05 10:22 PM