Returning to RFactor...

Old September 6th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
BRH

Default Returning to RFactor...

I've been away from simming for close to a year, and would like to get
back into it. - Specifically into RFactor

I see that rFactor has now gotten lots of add-ons series, tracks, etc.
I'm currently on Version 1.07 and have the following questions:

1. I see that the latest patch is for Version 1.15. Is this patch
required to run the latest mods, like the 1979 F1 Mod? If so, I see
that I have to do a complete re-install. Is it possible to do that
without losing setups, previously installed mods, etc?
2. I seem to recall that a code was needed to activate rFactor (perhaps
I'm wrong on this....). If so, I don't think that I have that code
anymore, so how do I install 1.15 without losing my activation?
3. How does the ISI_BABYFACTORY cheat work, to increase the $$$? (I
forgot.) Exactly where do I input this code?

At the moment, after installing the 1979 F1 mod and trying to run it in
Version 1.07, I get kicked back to the desktop. I'm thinking that it's
because I have to "buy" a car, but my "budget" is only 1,500,000. (I
seem to recall it was a lot higher than that before I installed the mod.)

Old September 6th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David G Fisher

Just save your player folder so you keep your setups.

Uninstall your current version and install the full update. Don't use your
previous controller file. Start new. Just save your setups.

You only use one of your activations when you install on a new/significantly
upgraded computer. A reinstall doesn't use an activation credit. You can
reinstall 100 times if you want.

The cheat gets typed into the chat line and then send the message.

You can use any car in the '79 mod. There's no purchasing of the cars yet.

--
David G Fisher

Old September 6th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mcewena

> This may be dangerous advice, but I just copied my existing rF folder as
> a precaution, and installed 1.15 over the top of the existing
> installation. Everything seemed to work perfectly, as if it was just a
> patch. No reconfiguration, no re-activation, it just worked.

Ditto

> It's not the recommended method though. I'm not responsible if it all
> goes pear-shaped. :-)

double ditto

Old September 6th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
LS

Should I stick with Nascar Acceleration or go to SCE? It appears SCE is not
complete. Not even close.

There doesn't appears to be any full carsets and tracks. Should I stick
with the latter until the SCE mod is a complete mod?

LS
s.com...

Old September 6th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David G Fisher

There's a lot of tracks. Look for "Soulrender" tracks.

I would use the in game NASCAR cars, and wait for the Pits to release their
version.

--
David G Fisher

Old September 7th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
BRH

mcewena wrote:
>>This may be dangerous advice, but I just copied my existing rF folder as
>>a precaution, and installed 1.15 over the top of the existing
>>installation. Everything seemed to work perfectly, as if it was just a
>>patch. No reconfiguration, no re-activation, it just worked.
>>

> Ditto
>

>>It's not the recommended method though. I'm not responsible if it all
>>goes pear-shaped. :-)
>>

> double ditto

Thanks for the info -- Installing over the existing files worked well --
up until I installed the sound update for the 1979 F1 mod. Now that mod
has no engine sound. I'll start a new thread for that though...