Nascar 2003 help

Old March 5th 05, 01:25 AM
Laura

Default Nascar 2003 help

Hey gang, my uncle just built a new computer and N2003 keeps crashing. Doom
3 plays fine. It is a and 64 3000 with a asus k8v-x motherboard, 1 gig ram,
nvidia 5950 ultra 450w power supply. I have tried numerous drivers but
anywhere from 0 to 40 laps into a race the machine reboots. It has great
cooling. I have disabled the cool and quiet feature in the bios, I have
enabled/disabled fast writes. No other programs or virus protection
running. It has xp pro with all updates. I have pretty much exhausted all
of my limited tricks and can't get this thing to work. I know the video
card is good because I sold it to him. Keep in mind that Doom 3 plays fine
with all settings set to max. For all the world this seems like a conflict
somehow, but I just can't figure out where. I have no expierence with 64
bit processors or motherboards. If anyone has any ideas please drop me a
line. Thanks.

Old March 5th 05, 01:32 AM
Dave Henrie

"Laura" > wrote in
:

> Hey gang, my uncle just built a new computer and N2003 keeps crashing.
> Doom 3 plays fine. It is a and 64 3000 with a asus k8v-x
> motherboard, 1 gig ram, nvidia 5950 ultra 450w power supply. I have
> tried numerous drivers but anywhere from 0 to 40 laps into a race the
> machine reboots. It has great cooling. I have disabled the cool and
> quiet feature in the bios, I have enabled/disabled fast writes. No
> other programs or virus protection running. It has xp pro with all
> updates. I have pretty much exhausted all of my limited tricks and
> can't get this thing to work. I know the video card is good because I
> sold it to him. Keep in mind that Doom 3 plays fine with all settings
> set to max. For all the world this seems like a conflict somehow, but
> I just can't figure out where. I have no expierence with 64 bit
> processors or motherboards. If anyone has any ideas please drop me a
> line. Thanks.

Do you have onboard sound? Either way, go to dxdiag and choose the sound
tab and reduce the hardware sound acceleration one or two clicks. Good
luck.

dave henrie

Old March 6th 05, 01:17 AM

Dave it looks like you are the man. I took your advice and raced for
25 laps trying to induce a reboot to no avail. I turned it down two
notches. Unfortunately due to work and a circus being in town I won't
be able to further test until Sunday or Monday night. I can't thank
you enough.

Jeff

Old March 6th 05, 01:23 AM
Jan Verschueren

> wrote...
> Dave it looks like you are the man. <snip>

Dave *is* the man, unquestionably.

Jan. ;-)
=---

Old March 6th 05, 09:12 PM
pw

>Dave it looks like you are the man. I took your advice and raced for
>25 laps trying to induce a reboot to no avail. I turned it down two
>notches. Unfortunately due to work and a circus being in town I won't
>be able to further test until Sunday or Monday night. I can't thank
>you enough.
>
>Jeff

No one has asked Jeff if he's in the circus. At least not yet ;-)

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)