return of the classic saab from C.1975-1992?

Old February 19th 09, 03:28 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
E. Meyer

Default return of the classic saab from C.1975-1992?

On 2/18/09 1:45 AM, in article , "Adrian"
> wrote:

> "Noddy" > gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
> saying:
>
>>> So why can't you see the collision that's just happened on that side of
>>> the road, before it spreads over to yours?

>> Who said anything about a previous collision?

> So somebody coming the other way is just suddenly deciding that they
> prefer your side of the road? Get real.

Given that a significant number of them are drunk or high, it actually
happens a lot.

Old February 19th 09, 05:19 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Mortimer

Default Defensive driving ( return of the classic saab from C.1975-1992?)

"Just JT" > wrote in message
g.com...

> What could I have done to prevent the rear ending? Nothing. That is why a
> thing called "insurance" was invented to take care of unavoidable
> collisions.

Not a lot I could have done to avoid the collision in my case: I was parked
on my parents' drive when I went home at Christmas and my dad, who was
parked in front of and slightly to the side of me, bashed the front wing as
he was reversing to go out. He was *very* embarrassed ;-) Luckily it was
the wing that already had a smaller dent from when I tried to push the car
to help get it out of a patch of soft ground after it got bogged down when I
parked to go for a walk. So I get that repaired free of charge!

> What.is.worse.is.I'm.getting.a.Nissan.Tiida.rental .while.Lexus.is.repaired.

I've had just the opposite experience with the rental car that the insurance
company has provided me with. I have a Peugeot 306 (about the size of a Ford
Focus or a VW Golf). I was expecting the hire company to give me something
of similar size - or maybe even smaller. I'd have been quite happy with
that. Imagine my surprise when they said I'd get a Ford Galaxy
people-carrier! ;-) It's a nice car and surprisingly economical (it's
averaged about 45 mpg so far compared with my own car's 50 mpg) though the
extra length and width and heavily tinted rear/side windows take some
getting used to. But it's overkill - I feel a little bit guilty... but not
very!

Old February 19th 09, 10:01 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Just JT

Default A jobless pom?

"Adrian" > BS'd and wasted usenet bandwidth:
> "Just JT" > gurgled happily, sounding much like
> they were saying:
>
>>> Apart from the weather - which can get a bit overwhelming - there's not
>>> THAT much special about Oz.

>> Sounds like someone who can't find a decent job.

> Wonder how come two of my visits to Oz have been for work, then?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You were shipped back immediately due to incompetence?

--
Maybe.because.you.whinge.a.lot.

Old February 19th 09, 10:05 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Scotty[_2_]

"Adrian" > wrote in message ...
: "Scotty" > gurgled happily, sounding much like they
: were saying:
:
: > With a cost of living 75 % Above
:
: You sure about that number?
:
: http://www.howtobooks.co.uk/abroad/a...-of-living.asp

As far as wages goes for eactly the same job in SEQld straight to London doing the same job, yes.

$35hr here to 16 Pounds/hr, rent here $140 a week, Rent there 130 Pounds. Thats without cars, food
insurance etc etc etc. Maybe differnet out of London but thats pretty much teh jist of it.

Old February 19th 09, 10:08 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Adrian

"Just JT" > gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

>>> Sounds like someone who can't find a decent job.

>> Wonder how come two of my visits to Oz have been for work, then?

> You were shipped back immediately due to incompetence?

Last time I was there, I ended up staying longer to sort a few more
problems out... At the daily rate I was charging, I wasn't arguing.
Old February 19th 09, 11:00 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Just JT

"Adrian" > BS'd on usenet:
> "Just JT" > gurgled happily, sounding much like
> they were saying:

>>> Wonder how come two of my visits to Oz have been for work, then?

>> You were shipped back immediately due to incompetence?

> Last time I was there, I ended up staying longer to sort a few more
> problems out... At the daily rate I was charging, I wasn't arguing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Took you a few weeks what should've been completed in a few hours....

--
It's.called.slacking.in.the.English.speaking.world .
Old February 20th 09, 12:18 AM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Marty

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:06:35 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> "Marty" > wrote in message
>
>> You have to be joking or be a ****wit.

> Or just another whinging Pom.

You're probably right. I have met some decent ones but so many have
attitudinal problems. Many years ago, I was posted to the UK to study a
UK designed mainframe 'intelligent' terminal. Working with the ****s was
an englightenment for me as most of them were rude and made continual
disparaging remarks about Australians. It was workplace harassment plain
and simple.

The joke was on them however, because when I returned to Oz, I designed
an ahem "equivalent" jobby which used one quarter the parts and was
reliable and executed the same downloable microcode. My employer did not
as a result, need to import the inferior UK mainframe terminal. During my
stay in the UK a gained a deep appreciation of their inablility to design
reliable simple stuff. This same problem obviously seeps into their auto
industry - witness the **** pumped out in the name of Jaguar, Rover.

Old February 20th 09, 12:29 AM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Noddy[_3_]

Default A jobless pom? ( return of the classic saab from C.1975-1992?)

"Adrian" > wrote in message

> Wonder how come two of my visits to Oz have been for work, then?

Because we're hard up for garbo's.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Old February 20th 09, 12:45 AM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Noddy[_3_]

"Adrian" > wrote in message

> Did I mention that I prefer wildlife that'll only kill you when you eat
> it?

So, you're a Pom *and* you're gay? ****, there's not much hope for you is
there?

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Old February 20th 09, 12:51 AM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Noddy[_3_]

"Adrian" > wrote in message

> A tour of the set of Neighbours?

Yeah, well, a lot can be learned about any country and it's people when such
**** is screened there twice a day.

Such as in England for example

--
Regards,