Insanely great Spider Mobile: a car with legs

Old May 2nd 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,alt.autos.toyota
Useful Info

Default Insanely great Spider Mobile: a car with legs

See the video of this amazing car at http://Muvy.org

Old May 2nd 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,alt.autos.toyota
Graham Fountain

"Useful Info" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> See the video of this amazing car at http://Muvy.org

Awesome!!!
For a direct link to the video use:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1t...iture-araignee.

Old May 3rd 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,alt.autos.toyota
Ron

"Graham Fountain" > wrote in news:463914ac$0$17199
:

> "Useful Info" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> See the video of this amazing car at http://Muvy.org
>>

> Awesome!!!
> For a direct link to the video use:
> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1t...iture-araignee.

That is bazar!
Old May 3rd 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,alt.autos.toyota
Wickeddoll

"Ron" ...
> "Graham Fountain" :
>

>> "Useful Info" ...
>>> See the video of this amazing car at http://Muvy.org
>>>

>> Awesome!!!
>> For a direct link to the video use:
>> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1t...iture-araignee.
>>

> That is bazar!

Bizarre doesn't begin to describe that. Who would want it?! Like the kid
in the video says, "WHY?!" LOL. At least it couldn't sneak up on you.

I hate spiders....

Natalie

Old May 3rd 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,alt.autos.toyota
Michael C

"Useful Info" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> See the video of this amazing car at http://Muvy.org

Looks like it still needs some refining :-)

Old May 3rd 07, 08:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,alt.autos.toyota
Noddy

"Michael C" > wrote in message

> Looks like it still needs some refining :-)

I think the guy's already wasted enough time on it.

****ed if I know why people dedicate thousands of hours & dollars into
things that have the entertainment value of a kid's wind up toy

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Old May 3rd 07, 08:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,alt.autos.toyota
Michael C

"Noddy" > wrote in message
> I think the guy's already wasted enough time on it.
>
> ****ed if I know why people dedicate thousands of hours & dollars into
> things that have the entertainment value of a kid's wind up toy

I have to agree. The novelty of this thing would wear off it 10 minutes.

Michael

Old May 3rd 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,alt.autos.toyota
Scott Dorsey

Wickeddoll > wrote:

>Bizarre doesn't begin to describe that. Who would want it?! Like the kid
>in the video says, "WHY?!" LOL. At least it couldn't sneak up on you.
>
>I hate spiders....

Off-topic for this group. Please take it to alt.autos.fiat.parts.fall.off
please.
--scott

Old May 3rd 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I think NASA at one time was considering a walking vehicle to explore
around on Mars.They might yet come up with something like that.Speaking
of that,I once saw a website about a guy who built his own ''walking''
bicycle.The ''wheels'' were made of metal tubing/spokes and they had
some old shoes or boots attached to the bottoms of the metal
tubes/spokes.
cuhulin

Old May 3rd 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,alt.autos.toyota
Graham Fountain

"Noddy" > wrote in message

> "Michael C" > wrote in message
>
>> Looks like it still needs some refining :-)

> I think the guy's already wasted enough time on it.
>
> ****ed if I know why people dedicate thousands of hours & dollars into
> things that have the entertainment value of a kid's wind up toy

As it is in the video, yeah, it still needs some refining and is essentially
a toy. But I think with a lot of refining, the technique could have some
applications. Eg off-road it could potentially go places a wheeled vehicle
couldn't - could have military potential for troop movements or as an
armoured vehicle in rough terrain.

> --
> Regards,
> Noddy.

Boy this GM-DCX thing has legs Padraig Auto Photos 1 February 21st 07 12:37 PM
longer legs Ossie Carter Technology 3 April 6th 05 01:38 PM
--Lunar eclipse tonight / go stretch your legs :-) motsco_ _ Chrysler 2 October 28th 04 07:02 AM
--Lunar eclipse tonight / go stretch your legs :-) motsco_ _ Honda 1 October 28th 04 07:02 AM
--Lunar eclipse tonight / go stretch your legs :-) motsco_ _ Simulators 1 October 28th 04 07:02 AM