NR2003 Backfiring sounds

Old June 17th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jim Barbieri

Default NR2003 Backfiring sounds

I know it seems a small issue but I find the sound level of the backfires
really annoying. I would like to turn them down if not off. It is an issue
whether I am using 3D sound or mono.
Does anyone have a solution?
Thanks in advance.

Old June 17th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

On Jun 16, 6:30 pm, "Jim Barbieri" > wrote:
> I know it seems a small issue but I find the sound level of the backfires
> really annoying. I would like to turn them down if not off. It is an issue
> whether I am using 3D sound or mono.
> Does anyone have a solution?
> Thanks in advance.

I think there's a line in the app.ini file to alter it.

Old June 17th 07, 08:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On 17 Jun., 01:30, "Jim Barbieri" > wrote:
> I know it seems a small issue but I find the sound level of the backfires
> really annoying. I would like to turn them down if not off. It is an issue
> whether I am using 3D sound or mono.
> Does anyone have a solution?
> Thanks in advance.

You can alter the app.ini to your liking. Here's a copy of mine.
Experiment with the volumes.

[Sounds]
backfireFocusOnly=1 ; If true, does backfire
sound for focus car only
backfireMaxVolume=0.180000 ; max volume or backfires
backfireMin=0.300000 ; 0 to 1, min power necessary
for backfire sound to play
backfireMinVolume=0.150000 ; min volume or backfires
backfirePreemptRatio=1.010000 ; ratio of new backfire to
current, necessary for new to preempt current
enableReverb=1 ; 0 or 1
enableWind=0 ; 0 or 1
focusCarSoundPriority=1.000000 ; 0 to n (1 is normal max)
bias for playing focus car sounds

Cheers Ole

Old June 17th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jim Barbieri

Thank you!!!
Now it is a lot more tolerable....

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On 17 Jun., 01:30, "Jim Barbieri" > wrote:
>> I know it seems a small issue but I find the sound level of the backfires
>> really annoying. I would like to turn them down if not off. It is an
>> issue
>> whether I am using 3D sound or mono.
>> Does anyone have a solution?
>> Thanks in advance.

> You can alter the app.ini to your liking. Here's a copy of mine.
> Experiment with the volumes.
>
> [Sounds]
> backfireFocusOnly=1 ; If true, does backfire
> sound for focus car only
> backfireMaxVolume=0.180000 ; max volume or backfires
> backfireMin=0.300000 ; 0 to 1, min power necessary
> for backfire sound to play
> backfireMinVolume=0.150000 ; min volume or backfires
> backfirePreemptRatio=1.010000 ; ratio of new backfire to
> current, necessary for new to preempt current
> enableReverb=1 ; 0 or 1
> enableWind=0 ; 0 or 1
> focusCarSoundPriority=1.000000 ; 0 to n (1 is normal max)
> bias for playing focus car sounds
>
> Cheers Ole

CJ - backfiring problem help (a little long) [email protected] Jeep 10 June 15th 06 04:12 AM
Backfiring elaich Ford Mustang 1 November 28th 05 01:48 PM
Bob Dunlap's NR2003 Sounds, Where? test Simulators 0 November 26th 05 03:28 PM
backfiring Ford Mustang 3 May 3rd 05 08:21 PM
Holley backfiring after cleaning - please help! Andrew Technology 15 December 26th 04 11:12 PM