Detroit Vs Japan

Old May 30th 05, 05:06 AM
Stephen Cowell

"L.W. (ßill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Maybe, if you were smart enough to do an actual comparison, and had
> run a Honda, you would have found that problem multiplied by a factor of
> thirteen:

Bill, you said I couldn't give an example. Citing another
example doesn't take away my example. I win!
__
Steve
..

Old May 30th 05, 05:23 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

There no witches in my Bible.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 30th 05, 05:35 AM
Eric

> that explains a lot, but since this isnt about the absurdity of unions and
> those who need the protection of a union because they cannot succeed on
> their own work ethic and capabilities i wont get into it. :-)

Wow... gotta say I agree with you there. Well, on the absurdity of unions
part anyway. Generally mob-style organizations -- will strong arm any
business who doesn't want to play right out of town. Seen it done.

Eric

Old May 30th 05, 05:40 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I don't know what kind of school you went to, but finding the
Japanese camshaft failures to be thirteen times greater than American
cars, tells me GM doesn't have a problem, your distorted mind thinks.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 30th 05, 05:43 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Now don't say nothing bad about my hub caps.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 30th 05, 05:47 AM

Nope, it was the oldest vehicle on the lot at the time. The next oldest
ironically enough was a beat to hell Hornet station wagon and the Benz
had it by ten years probably.

Diesel Benzes probably have the highest survival rate in their class,
along with old Volvos. I see 240D's and 300D's all the time and I don't
see American cars of that era (in my area) any more frequently despite
their vastly higher sales. The only old cars, aside from Sunday only
street rods and muscle cars and a rare antique, I see out here are the
Benzes and Volvos, an occasional VW Beetle, or very occasionally a 70's
Jag or Roller. There's _one_ four door mid-60s Chrysler down the
street owned by a realtor and he occasionally takes house shoppers
out in it-it has a late model electronic crate engine and four speed TF
in it. That's it. It's late model all the way otherwise-Hondas are the
main car, SUVs and minivans are the most common vehicles.

Old May 30th 05, 10:08 AM
Dave Milne

Please post EXACTLY what Exodus 22:18 says in your bible.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old May 30th 05, 01:43 PM
Stephen Cowell

"L.W. (ßill) Hughes III" wrote
> Stephen Cowell wrote:
>>"L.W. (ßill) Hughes III" wrote

>> > What's with this Sorceresses stuff? Are you into these childish
>>>movies:

>> It's in your Bible, Bill!

> There no witches in my Bible.

If you'll carefully notice, I did not say 'witches'....

Bill: "No no! 'E's pining!"

Me: "'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more!
He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!
'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed
'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic
processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the
bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain
and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS
AN EX-PARROT!!"

The parrot's dead, Bill... and your Bible is full of sorceresses,
and worse.
__
Steve
..

Old May 30th 05, 01:45 PM
Stephen Cowell

Old May 30th 05, 03:33 PM
Ruel Smith

Nathan W. Collier wrote:

> however, the licensed plumber earns a really good living. the unlicensed
> plumber working under his license certainly isnt making $80k per year
> either.

There are unlicensed plumbers working out there? Do the local inspectors'
offices know about this? That wouldn't be legal at all. Even apprentices
are licensed.

>> I'm a union plumber myself

> that explains a lot, but since this isnt about the absurdity of unions and
> those who need the protection of a union because they cannot succeed on
> their own work ethic and capabilities i wont get into it. :-)

You obviously don't understand how a trade union works, either. It's not
like shop unions. It's nothing more than a labor pool. All the union guys
work for the union. We don't work for the companies...sort of like working
for a temporary agency. This arrangement allows companies to easily pick up
a qualified tradesman they can feel comfortable about without any overhead
of hiring through a human resources department process and they can dump
him off when the work slows with ease. On the non-union side, they pay the
apprentices to go to school (union has their own school), tend to keep
employees around when work slows, and have to go through vigorous hiring
practices to get new help. It's just a different arrangement. We can't
really cry to our union about our jobs like UAW workers can. It's not the
same. If you're a bad worker, you'll get laid off just the same as
non-union.

Back to dealership mechanics... You must know some pretty bad ones, or none
at all. I've personally known some really good ones, and, yes, they make
similar money like I pointed out.

--

Registered Linux user #378193