96 Mk3 Golf alarm not responding to fob (car immobilized)

Old December 30th 09, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Signal[_2_]

Default 96 Mk3 Golf alarm not responding to fob (car immobilized)

Hi guys,

Bit stuck here.. (literally).. my VW is immobilized I can't turn off
the alarm. It's not responding to the remote, and AFAIK that's the
only way to activate/de-activate the alarm. [I have only one remote.]

Everything was working fine yesterday.

Anybody got any thoughts on what to check / how to disable alarm ??

It's a Scorpion 915.

"user guide".
http://www.boopolo.com/alarms/915user.pdf
"fitting instructions"
http://www.boopolo.com/alarms/915fitting.pdf

Cheers..

Paul

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t
Old December 31st 09, 11:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Erik Dillenkofer[_2_]

Remove the fuse from the red wire, and re-splice the #50 wire back together
(currently connected the yellow/red and purple/black). That will silence the
alarm and remove it from the starting circuit. You won't have an alarm
anymore, but at least you'll be able to drive your car.