Need more information on E36 and E30 BMWs

Old December 11th 04, 01:01 AM
Lukasz A Kaczmarek

Default Need more information on E36 and E30 BMWs

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing a BMW E36 or E30 over a Chevy Camaro. I was
wondering if any of you folks here have good websites that I can read on
about the E36 and the E30 BMWs. Particularly problems, maintenance cost,
wear and tear, how easy to work on, etc, etc. Stuff like that. I've been a
BMW fan for a very long time but haven't really done any research on these
cars. I've done more research on the Camaro and don't feel like replaing
the rear end because it breaks apart easily if I'd buy the Camaro.

So strengths/weaknesses of those BMWs would be very useful. But from what
I've been reading on this newsgroup is that BMWs don't actually have any
major problems which is awesome.

Thanks again

Lukasz A Kaczmarek

Old December 11th 04, 02:13 AM

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:01:22 -0500, "Lukasz A Kaczmarek"
> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm considering purchasing a BMW E36 or E30 over a Chevy Camaro. I was
>wondering if any of you folks here have good websites that I can read on
>about the E36 and the E30 BMWs. Particularly problems, maintenance cost,
>wear and tear, how easy to work on, etc, etc. Stuff like that. I've been a
>BMW fan for a very long time but haven't really done any research on these
>cars. I've done more research on the Camaro and don't feel like replaing
>the rear end because it breaks apart easily if I'd buy the Camaro.
>
>So strengths/weaknesses of those BMWs would be very useful. But from what
>I've been reading on this newsgroup is that BMWs don't actually have any
>major problems which is awesome.
>
>Thanks again
>
>Lukasz A Kaczmarek

Welcome aboard, Lukasz.
Log on to www.roadfly.org and create an account. It's free.
In there, you'll find the BMW message boards.
There are separate boards for just about any BMW you can
think of.
Post this question there and I'm sure you'll receive many helpful
Enjoy.
Old December 11th 04, 12:20 PM
Richard Sperry

Pretty easy, if you have a mullet, get the f body, if you enjoy driving get
the BMW. Just realize that the youngest E30 is now approaching 13 years old,
and the E36 is at least 5.

Old December 11th 04, 12:35 PM
John Burns

I've had E36s and E30s. Avoid E36s made before late 94, I had a 93 and
the interior build quality isn't so hot. E30s are better put together.

When buying any BMWs it's always worth paying more for one with a proper
service history, seen this proved correct time and again. And manuals
cause fewer problems than automatics.

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
Old December 11th 04, 08:48 PM
Lukasz A Kaczmarek

Thanks for that site. Looks like the E36 is bulletproof apart from the
water pump but that's not new to me since Chevys go through water pumps
every couple of years. I think I'll be going with an E36. Hoping for the
325 or the 328.

Lukasz

Old December 11th 04, 08:49 PM
Lukasz A Kaczmarek

Thanks. I will only buy a BMW with a full service history.

Lukasz A Kaczmarek