Can I make my TJ sound like a badass?

Old October 1st 05, 06:52 PM
Billy Ray

Luckily you didn't start a forest fire.

--
(remove SPAM)
2002 Jeep WJ 4 Liter Automatic
Sharing is why we are all here....... or should be.
..

Old October 1st 05, 07:20 PM
Mike Romain

There was 2' or more of snow down and it was ****ing rain when we went
into the bush, but I did watch how close I got to anything on that side,
that's for sure.

Mike

Old October 2nd 05, 01:45 AM
Pi-Eyed Piper

I would say that the Zo6 engine would command a little more respect than an
I6, regardless of the way it has been beefed up. But we weren't talking
about the new 70K vette.We were talking about a TJ, remember?

Old October 2nd 05, 02:04 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Which is a 1926 Nash:
http://www.pnwnash.org/common/closeu...onid= &carid=
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 2nd 05, 01:04 PM
4X4PLAY

I really like the sound and toughness of the Ravin muffler/catback
system...sounds nice n' throaty and they're built to take a pounding off
road...
My ZJ I went with a cheapy Pro-Flo...tough as nails and sounds deeper but
not quite "Bad Azz"

Jeff

Old October 3rd 05, 02:21 AM
Matt Macchiarolo

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...e=source&hl=en

Old October 3rd 05, 02:47 AM
Pi-Eyed Piper

I would say that the Zo6 engine would command a little more respect than an
I6, regardless of the way it has been beefed up. But we weren't talking
about the new 70K vette.We were talking about a TJ, remember?

Or, you're right he can stick a big fart can muffler on this 6banger and
impress everyone.

Old October 3rd 05, 02:51 AM
DougW

Pi-Eyed Piper did pass the time by typing:
> I would say that the Zo6 engine would command a little more respect than an
> I6, regardless of the way it has been beefed up. But we weren't talking
> about the new 70K vette.We were talking about a TJ, remember?
>
> Or, you're right he can stick a big fart can muffler on this 6banger and
> impress everyone.

The I6 is more impressive when you get rid of the muffler and cat all toghether
and just let it breath free right out of the collector.

(yea, I did that for a sec after putting the new header on...) freeping LOUD!

--
DougW

Old October 3rd 05, 05:04 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

And your not going to exchange pistons between the four liter and
258" either, but it's the same engine, except the addition of a water
pump and filters. Same seven mains.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 3rd 05, 04:37 PM
Pi-Eyed Piper

I have a 4.2 with a pacesetter header 2.25" all the way back, no CAT and a
cheapy cherrybomb turbo II (fake dynomax, flowmaster type, not the thrush
rattlecans) I like the way it sounds, has a nice little rumble, but it isn't
a V8. Unfortunatly I did the exhaust at the same time as a new carb and
nutters bypass..I noticed a HUGE difference in power, HUGE, but I dont know
how much was exhaust and how much was header...

Still wish it was a V8