Can't achieve all full in F1c

Old January 9th 05, 07:42 PM
V \fnugen\

Default Can't achieve all full in F1c

Hello group. I just cannot seem to get all full in F1c and am wondering
why. The only thing I can think of is my CPU but am not sure on that.
system specs:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+ (1.5g)
1g DDr ram
ATI Radeon 9800pro
MSI KT4AV mobo (new with 8x AGP)

This is all I can think of at the moment as to what you might need to
maybe tell me what the deal is. I can run almost everything but track
detail on full. I know I may be just trying to get too much, but I
figured between the vidcard and the ram I'd get higher detailing. It
runs smooth and I really enjoy it, but it just seems to be the thorn in
my side to get full track detail. No biggie, just got to wondering
today is all. thanks all.

Old January 9th 05, 09:30 PM
Mitch_A

V "fnugen" wrote:

> Hello group. I just cannot seem to get all full in F1c and am wondering
> why. The only thing I can think of is my CPU but am not sure on that.
> system specs:
>
> AMD Athlon XP 1700+ (1.5g)
> 1g DDr ram
> ATI Radeon 9800pro
> MSI KT4AV mobo (new with 8x AGP)
>
> This is all I can think of at the moment as to what you might need to
> maybe tell me what the deal is. I can run almost everything but track
> detail on full. I know I may be just trying to get too much, but I
> figured between the vidcard and the ram I'd get higher detailing. It
> runs smooth and I really enjoy it, but it just seems to be the thorn in
> my side to get full track detail. No biggie, just got to wondering
> today is all. thanks all.

CPU cycles rule period. Your video card is in a constant wait state for
data with that cpu. You can pickup an XP3000 for a bit over $100 and it'll
feed that 9800 well enough for F1C nearly maxed. I wouldve skipped the
extra 512MB RAM and got a faster CPU to start with.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE3.3.2a.
Old January 9th 05, 10:25 PM
Darus

Agreed. I just dumped the Athlon Xp2100 (1.7 ghz IIRC) with the Radeon
Pro and added a P4 3.0 HT, 1GB Ram and the Radeon. Have pretty much
gone to full on everything, although the shadows I still keep at medium
and pit animations and low (not all that interesting anyway). Runs in
the upper 50's in full field with RH2004 and all the updates.

Old January 13th 05, 07:05 PM
V \fnugen\

Darus wrote:

> Agreed. I just dumped the Athlon Xp2100 (1.7 ghz IIRC) with the Radeon
> Pro and added a P4 3.0 HT, 1GB Ram and the Radeon. Have pretty much
> gone to full on everything, although the shadows I still keep at medium
> and pit animations and low (not all that interesting anyway). Runs in
> the upper 50's in full field with RH2004 and all the updates.

Thanks. I just grabbed an AMD Sempron 2800+ at a decent price and the
3000 is a special order there. I just loaded my F1c and it still shows
tradck detail as red if set to full. Is that how you guys have yours set
?? Haven't the time to actually run it yet, so posting and running to
work. Thanks again for the help, at worst, everything runs faster with
the new CPU.

Old January 14th 05, 07:30 PM
Darus

I'd have to double check, but I don't recall seeing the red around the
word "full", which I am guessing is a "Warning" that the setting is too
high. Perhaps the screen res is too high on your game? I run mine at
1280x1024x32 (Dell 1800FP LCD).

I probably go with high on most items, other than cockpit (as I see it
most often) and let the Radeon do the work of improving the looks using
higher AA/AF settings.Get the updates, check around for the .plr file
tweaks and have a go. I am sure you will see a big improvement.

Old January 15th 05, 01:16 AM
V \fnugen\

Darus wrote:
> I'd have to double check, but I don't recall seeing the red around the
> word "full", which I am guessing is a "Warning" that the setting is too
> high. Perhaps the screen res is too high on your game? I run mine at
> 1280x1024x32 (Dell 1800FP LCD).
>
> I probably go with high on most items, other than cockpit (as I see it
> most often) and let the Radeon do the work of improving the looks using
> higher AA/AF settings.Get the updates, check around for the .plr file
> tweaks and have a go. I am sure you will see a big improvement.

Thanks. I figured it out. Dumbass me didn't redo my configs afterwards.
I now get full on all and what a difference. Thanks for all the help though.