Audi's bringing 2 new models to the Detroit Auto Show

Old December 20th 07, 05:38 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Black_RS4[_2_]

Default Audi's bringing 2 new models to the Detroit Auto Show

Audi has confirmed it will be showing two new cars at the North American
International Auto Show in Detroit next month. Although Audi is mute on
what those two cars will be, one is reportedly a "stunning" new concept
car; the second being a new production model making its worldwide debut.
We previously speculated that Audi could be showing the
production TT-S, although the next new model expected to come down the
pipeline from Audi is a facelifted version of the A3 hatchback, which
makes it a strong candidate to fill that slot at Audi's Detroit stand.
The A3 has run the longest in the line-up since introduction or refresh,
followed by the A8 luxury sedan.
The "stunning" concept car is expected to be somehow based on the
already-stunning R8 supercar. Some reports suggest it could be the V10
version known tentatively as the RS8, or possibly a convertible version
of the mid-engined sportscar. Given the aesthetic used, the roadster
would seem more fitting than the V10, although a design study could also
fit the bill.
We'll just have to wait another few weeks to see.

--
Black_RS4
Black_RS4's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=945

Old December 21st 07, 04:57 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
G-man uk

Black_RS4 wrote:
> Audi has confirmed it will be showing two new cars at the North American
> International Auto Show in Detroit next month. Although Audi is mute on
> what those two cars will be, one is reportedly a "stunning" new concept
> car; the second being a new production model making its worldwide debut.
> We previously speculated that Audi could be showing the
> production TT-S, although the next new model expected to come down the
> pipeline from Audi is a facelifted version of the A3 hatchback, which
> makes it a strong candidate to fill that slot at Audi's Detroit stand.
> The A3 has run the longest in the line-up since introduction or refresh,
> followed by the A8 luxury sedan.

The "new" A3 (with the updated grille etc) was released only a year or
so ago, is it really in need of an update? The 06/56 model still looks
*fantastic*. Why change a good thing?

> The "stunning" concept car is expected to be somehow based on the
> already-stunning R8 supercar. Some reports suggest it could be the V10
> version known tentatively as the RS8, or possibly a convertible version
> of the mid-engined sportscar. Given the aesthetic used, the roadster
> would seem more fitting than the V10, although a design study could also
> fit the bill.
> We'll just have to wait another few weeks to see.

Cross Cabriolet could well be one. S5 or RS6 as the other? Or maybe
the Q5 ?

Old December 22nd 07, 03:45 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie

In article >,
G-man uk > wrote:

> Black_RS4 wrote:
> > Audi has confirmed it will be showing two new cars at the North American
> > International Auto Show in Detroit next month. Although Audi is mute on
> > what those two cars will be, one is reportedly a "stunning" new concept
> > car; the second being a new production model making its worldwide debut.
> > We previously speculated that Audi could be showing the
> > production TT-S, although the next new model expected to come down the
> > pipeline from Audi is a facelifted version of the A3 hatchback, which
> > makes it a strong candidate to fill that slot at Audi's Detroit stand.
> > The A3 has run the longest in the line-up since introduction or refresh,
> > followed by the A8 luxury sedan.

> The "new" A3 (with the updated grille etc) was released only a year or
> so ago, is it really in need of an update? The 06/56 model still looks
> *fantastic*. Why change a good thing?

The A3 and A4 could benefit from shedding some weight. It would unleash
a lot more power and gas mileage. The little A3 weighs over 3700 lbs
with options. Ouch!